O, Canada - all your canuck news worth sharing!

When I was a kid, it just wasn’t Saturday morning without Jehovah’s Witnesses knocking on the front door, and hearing my mum yelling, “We’re Catholic! No THANK YOU!”

They had a university just a few minutes down the road from us.

This does not surprise me at all.

8 Likes

Unfortunately,

https://twitter.com/resolvingdust/status/1047124729151152128

8 Likes

To all Canadian mutants, and to any of our friends who visit here, happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

#realthanksgiving

12 Likes
4 Likes

Well, this is news to me, lol:

11 Likes
8 Likes

If this doesn’t define Canada, I don’t know what does. Read on, and you will see what I mean - this isn’t just catering to ex-pat Montrealers. :wink:

5 Likes

“It’s a Sri Lankan guy doing Jewish food for Chinese customers”

Yep, that’s Canadian, all right.

7 Likes

In today’s “even municipal elections have consequences”, if Leonard Krog becomes mayor of Nanaimo, then there will need to be a provincial by-election that could completely and utterly change the BC government.

I mean he may not win. If he does win, his seat could go to another NDPer and change nothing. But the potential to change, or trigger a new provincial election is there.

There are no elections too small to care about.

7 Likes

Some interesting stuff, here, including the case of the kid whose parents inspired The Americans.

2 Likes

Am I too late?

5 Likes

Which one of us is your friend?

5 Likes

I’m guessing @Justa_Little_Whinger.

5 Likes

I can’t believe you need to ask. :disappointed:

5 Likes

Do not mention that name in my presence. Anyway, I dealt with the insolent churl in Amsterdam a while back…

3 Likes

Here’s some news. I just learned that you Canadians buy your milk in plastic bags!

Did you know about this?

5 Likes

Don’t tell me you fell for that old gag. :rofl:

6 Likes

[My grandma bought milk in plastic bags. But she lived in central Wisconsin.]

5 Likes

Central and Northern Wisconsin and Michigan are filled with the descendants of ex-pat Canadians. (Ask me how I know!)

5 Likes

Ask me, too, eh? :wink:

4 Likes