O, Canada - all your canuck news worth sharing!

Ohé, sois gentil!

3 Likes

At least it’s not the Party of Canadian People. Splitters.

4 Likes

Hello, bonjour…

3 Likes

Scary news; the rituals to channel Canadian anger into our geese are showing signs of strain. It looks like there’s just too much anger to be held by the geese.

Luckily, with a little modification to the ritual, other animals have been able to pick up the slack.

3 Likes

We’re supposed to just use the geese? Not raccoons?

:scream:

Oops.

4 Likes
5 Likes

snarf

6 Likes

Eh?
:wink:

5 Likes

My boss’s office looks out over the “lake” (retention pond) and there were several of us in his office for some conference call.

So I’m gazing out the window when three Canada Geese land on the water and a couple trundle out onto the shore.

From up above a fourth goose dives at the one on the shore. Full body blow, feathers start flying.
Wings flapping. Honking ensues.

By now no one is paying attention to the call as we have Kill (with) Bill playing outside.

Finally one of the other Geese from the original trio starts in on the agressor and they manage to get him(?) to fly off.

No other point, but I can see that the rituals are working.

5 Likes

Soon it will be Kill Bill with added crabs.

4 Likes

Oof. That was way too close for comfort.

3 Likes

Indeed. We tend to forget that we can get this kind of extreme weather. The previous tornado was nearly 25 years ago - touched down briefly in an uninhabited part of Almonte, then hopped across the river to touch down in the Wilfred-Lavigne district in Aylmer (now part of Gatineau, for those who don’t know the region). It turned before it reached my brother’s place (just as well, because Nicole and the kids, then toddlers, were at home), but did deposit the remains of some roofs in his pool.

There was more than one system this time, though, it seems: the one that hopped from Dunrobin to the Mont-Bleu district in Hull, and another that nuked the Hydro substation in the Craig Henry area in Ottawa.

7 Likes
4 Likes

As it turns out, they figure the one storm produced 6 tornadoes.

6 Likes

The last time I heard of something like that happening was that episode of ST:TNG where the Q woman who grew up on Earth caused a similar storm.

Not being a jerk: only reference I can think of is from science fiction.

2 Likes

No worries. I’m really not that thin-skinned. To Canadians, tornadoes are rarities. In the areas I am familiar with, I had heard of one in Sherbrooke (hill country, no less!) during my mother’s schoolchild years there, then the one that hit Aylmer nearly a quarter century ago, and now this. I would guess that Tornado Alley has seen this kind of density (for lack of a better word) a number of times. Our American friends in that region should be able to tell us.

4 Likes

I drove through Barrie on highway 400 just after the 1985 tornado. It was a mess.

4 Likes

Canada, why are you so hard to get along with!?!?!

3 Likes

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT, EH?

7 Likes
6 Likes