O, Canada - all your canuck news worth sharing!

Everyone in Toronto is talking about this story this morning.

This is the only thing close to “pancakes” on the menu:

CANADIAN 18.
lemon ricotta hotcakes with sour
cherries, ontario maple syrup
and whipped cream

I HAVE QUESTIONS!

a) why is Jaden Smith living in Toronto?
b) why would a vegan order pancakes?
c) does Jaden just not know what ricotta is?
d) WHY IS HE HERE?

8 Likes

My first question was, “Who is Jaden Smith?”. My second was, “Why did I click on that link?”.

Surely he’s heard of whipped cream.

4 Likes

On the radio this morning there was discussion of him perhaps having a lactose allergy (except now that I’ve read the menu description…).

If he’s vegan, though… not so much sympathy. Again, especially with the menu description. Request a vegan version of that and you’re basically inventing a new dish.

As for what he’s doing in Toronto, according to IMDB this project he’s connected to is currently filming:

2 Likes

Noooooooooo

8 Likes

"The nightmare continues…”

10 Likes

Aw FUCK.

We can only hope between his brother and Trump people have learned that’s not such a good idea.

At least this time his opponents know such a disaster is in fact possible.

10 Likes

This is some seriously subtle Canadian shade… do you think 45 will get it?

8 Likes

Words that sound like isolationism fall out of 45’s mouth, and two seconds later, he orders bombs dropped on random brown people on the other side of the planet. Don’t listen to the words or read the tweets, look at the actions - US imperialism and interventionism isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

12 Likes

It’s too long for him to read, and doesn’t consist of unreserved praise for him, so no.

Freeland continues to impress. She’s the right person for Foreign Affairs. I started to read her book, “Plutocrats” recently, but the library term expired before I finished it. I’ll have to pick it up again - it’s worth reading.
https://www.amazon.com/Plutocrats-Rise-Global-Super-Rich-Everyone/dp/1594204098

11 Likes

HAhahahahahah! YISS!

8 Likes
8 Likes

The effects of deregulation are already being felt. It’s all fun and games until somebody breaks a hip.

8 Likes

Deeply disappointed that no sword canes were involved…

9 Likes

The tweets I saw about that were all of the

HOW IS THERE NO VIDEO OF THIS IN 2017

which, is a valid sentiment really

6 Likes

This is appalling. I agree with the family there is most likely a racist aspect, with large dollops of classism and sexism mixed in.

3 Likes

I wonder if Zell Miller will now move to Canada?

2 Likes

He might want to be careful whom he challenges.

6 Likes

It is a travesty, and unfortunately common practise. Tho usually they only jail the victims of the domestic crimes who they think may waffle or refuse to testify against their abuser, I don’t know why they’d do that with this woman other than as you say, racism & classism. (not saying the usual business of jailing abuse victims is right either, its just more common, and you don’t hear about it from a double whammy of shame/embarassment, seriously, our justice system is nuts)

6 Likes

I hasn’t heard about the domestic abuse thing before – sounds like something that should have died out a long time ago. Wouldn’t it count as coercing or leading the witness? And why on earth use a jail to house them in? Protective custody in certain cases I can see, but that should be more like staying in a motel than a jail as a living experience.

There is such a long list of things which need to be fixed re: sexual assault and domestic abuse.

6 Likes