Odd Behavior With Chrome on Android...maybe just me

Since 'round about the last upgrade, I have noticed if I leave the BBS going in a Chrome Tab for “too long” (Still trying to determine if that is the case and and if so how long) if I go to comment, I can’t submit.

Everything else works fine and dandy. I can fire up a comment. Type in it, (Pasting something is a bit wonky at times) but I cannot hit submit.

The trash can works, but i hit the Submit button and it goes nowhere.

I can leave my phone, jump to a PC and submit from there if I let it save.

If I simply close any tabs with the BBS open though, it seems to work if I reopen a tab. Once I think I had to kill all Chrome tabs and reopen.

Not a huge deal, not putting a lot of time into it, I guess I’m just seeing if anyone else has had a similar issue.

OS and Apps are up to date.

5 Likes

Not quite the same issue, but sometimes my phone doesn’t map the comment overlay to the screen properly (also Chrome on Android). My screen works fine; I can use the keyboard normally. However, when I try to select text (or press the Submit button), it reacts as if I’m pressing about two lines’ of text worth higher than I am. I generally get around it by opening the site in Desktop mode and pressing “Submit” through that interface, which isn’t affected.

It happens only very rarely, so I didn’t bother to report it before now, but I figured that it may be somehow related to the issue above.

5 Likes

That is also similar to what I see. But it always confuses me that I can delete the comment and that button is on the same “level” as submit.

5 Likes

Yeah, I get that weirdness on occasion too. Chrome on a Droid Turbo. Happening this very moment as a matter of fact. That’s what I get for chiming in, I guess. :unamused:

5 Likes

Are you using a specific theme?

I’m not able to replicate the issue as of writing. Tested using Chrome (Galaxy S9), Brave (Galaxy S9), and Firefox (Windows 10).

1 Like

Yeah, the dark brown one. Sorry, can’t remember its name, but it’s dang attractive!

2 Likes

Pushed some changes to theme CSS, let me know how it works.

2 Likes

Will do. So far, so good.

2 Likes

Was good until just now. I’ll see if changing the theme does anything for me.

1 Like