Oddities and Curiosities

(Oh look, it’s a grenade!)

3 Likes

I am in a Chinese Tex-Mex restaurant, having a large beef avocado salad. I can’t find any avocados actually in the salad, but they have made it up to me by sprinkling the entire concoction with Frosted Flakes.

They have just started playing their Christmas music medley.

15 Likes

???

I’m confused

7 Likes

I’m not certain I can explain it any further. I guess I can clarify that the restaurant is within China, so it’s not some sort of Chinese Tex-Mex hybrid.

13 Likes

THIS is the cyberpunk distopia I imagined.

9 Likes

It sounds about as authentic as the Chinese restaurant I visited in a Central American capitol city. The dish I received included linguine noddles and hot dogs, which I ate with as much grace as I could muster as my aunt told me about why it was her absolute favorite.

10 Likes

shudder

6 Likes

Actually, a lot of their dishes seem fairly authentic. (I say “seem” because I don’t really know the “Tex” part very well, Back home, I almost always went to straight Mexican restaurants. I’ve probably visited a T-M rest. more times in China than I ever did back home.)

It does seem strange, but the cereal actually worked fairly well as a variant of the crouton.

6 Likes

Funny, after writing it, I thought that with a few tweaks it might make fairly passable beat poetry.

4 Likes

You know hot dogs get a bad rap? They got a cool shape, they got protein. You like hot dogs right?

6 Likes

“I am so sorry for misrepresenting the community, the church, the parents, the students”, Mr Dempsey said in a video posted to the church’s Facebook page.

“It was not my intention, my intention was just to show them how much Jesus loved them.”

“Jaddeus got up in front of the students and he says, ‘I’m going to ask you to do something that might seem a little crazy, but if there’s anyone here that would like to spit in my face, you can do so without any repercussions’”, Mr Ross said.

Mr Dempsey then invited students to slap him.

Mr Dempsey then offered students a steak knife, asking to be cut in the back. Video shows him removing his shirt and instructing students on where to place the knife.

“He had the opportunity to share a message about Easter”, Mr Ross said of Mr Dempsey, “And he chose to use an illustration to explain a very important topic about the crucifixion but the illustration went too far.”

4 Likes

A steak knife??

3 Likes

He was just getting warmed up.

Next came the… well, you’ll have to wait until next year.

3 Likes

Man. They’ll let anybody be a preacher some days.

4 Likes
2 Likes

11 Likes

That’s almost hypnotic. Is that some sort of cellular automata, or a more garden variety animation?

6 Likes

What are the rules to it?

3 Likes

I’ve no idea! That’s why I asked if it was. :grinning:

4 Likes

It does not appear to be random.

It follows some sort of rule but I can’t tell what.

4 Likes