Oddities and Curiosities

Stories that don’t quite fit any category. Too small to deserve their own post, interesting, but not that interesting . Curiosities, for if you’re bored.

1 Like
10 Likes

My wife and I use many of their spices. She got a kick out of the e-mail they sent out related to that.

If I can find it, I’ll post a screenshot of the recipe for Candle Cakes from one of their catalogs that is hard to imagine was published without any self-awareness.

6 Likes

Found it, it was Candle Salad.

Turns out, this has been a thing for a while, it seems:

If there is subtext, it is old subtext, which might actually be better.

ETA: Just look at it…

8 Likes

Looks more like a Candaules salad.

1 Like
3 Likes

Today’s mood:

12 Likes

Thread.

Ummm…

8 Likes

Wow.

I see what they did there.

7 Likes

As usual, I am left wondering if the author a) still thinks Gen X are “young people” or b) if they even remember there ever was a Gen X. Every Gen Xer I know can relate to most of this (unless they’re a conservative, and then, you know). I also don’t know any Boomers who would tell a younger person “you don’t know how good you have it” (again, unless they are conservatives).

13 Likes

The Venom movie has its own limeade now. Who doesn’t want to drink a symbiotic parasite?

VenomAd

7 Likes

“It’s addictive!”

6 Likes

Yeah, this Boomer is constantly telling young people how much harder they have it now. The only upside is that it IS somewhat safer to be a minority (of any type) now than it was when I was growing up…but not by much.

4 Likes

How did they miss this tie-in?

Perhaps Snapple saw the movie and decided they would pass.

4 Likes
6 Likes

man, i wish i could ride like this.

4 Likes

…so long as you don’t have to go uphill.

(Idea: run rope tows along sidewalls of all major streets.)

7 Likes

A comment on that:

5 Likes

Yup. I’ve been in s bus in Montreal in the middle of the summer, and not been sure it was going to make it to the top.

3 Likes

locking them in schools…

6 Likes