Oh, how I dream of a place for me

Forgot to add that I have long wanted a listening room where there is a very high quality sound system and the space is all white with all white furniture - primarily a couch/fainting couch/comfortable chair that’s practically a bed situated in that perfect spot in the room where the acoustics are best. And I want one of those whole house music systems.

5 Likes

Oh, do I have a career for you…

3 Likes

Roman concrete. Set underwater for a few hundred or thousand years. Drain sea.

5 Likes

Well Played. No matter where your place is they will find it.

6 Likes

Sure The Baxter Building is alright… but I am surprised no one has done this one yet…

In all seriousness… Probably a 3+ bedroom (so an office can be had) condo/townhouse in a nice city with studio room elsewhere for tabletop gaming storage and play. Walking distance to good coffee and a library. If a house proper it has to have a damn tiny yard.

12 Likes

Yeah, Bongo’s house is just about perfect. Of course there should be a soda fountain near the drumkit!

I’m just a bit disturbed by the TV on the terlet tank. Kinda makes me feel like I’m expected to sit on it facing backward. Which is, like, okay for midnight pees, but not cool for TV-watchin’-while-crappin’ sessions.

Not that I’m all that familiar with the protocols. Ahem. Not really.

7 Likes

Bongo might want to rethink the height of the drawbridge relative to the surface of the shark-infested moat:

https://goo.gl/images/mWhaCo

8 Likes

I visited Donald at his house a year or two back with my girlfriend, who described it (to Donald, who agreed) as a “murder house”, in the fun sense of the term (spooky, not creepy). It has a great look to the exterior - not as ornate, but a rough Munsters vibe. Nice old interior too. In other words, the ideal house for all his ideas.

(I know this is odd to be addressing the class despite replying directly to you)

edit: I don’t know if you were tipped off but as I’m sure you know you have an epic google street view

10 Likes

Oh, yeah. It’s like the “curb appeal” was designed specifically for me. I never wanna move. Or at least, if I do, I wanna take the house with me. It rather desperately needs a kitchen remodel, and there are plenty of things I want to do with it (and to it), but I could happily die there.

6 Likes

I’m not fussy; any of the houses in Black Mirror would do. I’d even let them pick for me… :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

It should be one third Gormenghast, one third the weird scifi hell world Gormenghast turned into, and a bit of the castle on Caladan the ocean planet in the 1984 Dune.

9 Likes

gormenghast-steerpike-root

3 Likes

I attended a lecture by Terry Pratchett. He lived in a thatched shepherd’s cottage in the country. He said, “I hope you people aren’t jealous, but I have just installed shelves on every wall, so there is enough room for my books.”

(There was a chorus of groans from the audience.)

For me, I want two houses. One to live in and one for all my stuff. I would have a device that would allow me to automatically request the object of my desire.

9 Likes

Maybe you’d have a device that followed you around and just… carried all your stuff.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Bag End, but with a walkway to a deck on top of the hill.

8 Likes

I worked at Figure 8 Island Yacht Club one year.

Here is the actual house that I looked at from my computer station. That little building at left - the guest house. Yes, they have a guest house at their vacation house.

Here’s another house from Figure 8 Island

and this one. I think this is the one the real estate agents referred to as “the one that looks like a hotel”

Some food for thought…this is what it looks like when you start spending 10 million or more on a home.

9 Likes

Mor houz inspo

5 Likes

I love the views! But to quote my grandmother: “I’m glad I don’t have to clean it.”

I know they have people for doing the cleaning, but still. Never knowing complete privacy. Never having a small list of places where you may have misplaced something.

I could get into a long-term stay at that guest house though. One of my no-real-constraints dreams is to get a cottage on the Toronto Islands for the winter, fill up the chest freezer (because of course there’s a chest freezer), and just cocoon. Write and knit and on nice days, go for long walks on the side looking out on the lake, not the harbour side with the city looking back at you. Once every week or two, take the ferry to the mainland to pick up milk and other perishables at the Queens Quay Loblaws supermarket.

7 Likes

wow!

2 Likes