Olds go nostalgic for the good old days of tech

Prot Land has hills everywhere at intersections (the main reason we “can’t drive in snow”)… and I keep my tires a few pounds overinflated.

3 Likes

You threw me there for a second, before my brain said “Oh, yeah. Right hand drive does work like that.”

1 Like

Y’all may have seen this on another site, it’s satire but seems to fit this thread perfectly (at least, this thread 100 posts ago)

7 Likes

This is a fine major burn on Windows.

5 Likes

First of all, F1 would be help, not auto reply.

And I wish I had a Duran Duran TSM 2000

4 Likes

better check the included template

5 Likes

fullyloaded

16 Likes
7 Likes

I think I still prefer Budd cars, but this is kinda neat.

2 Likes

I have an entire book on the “geese” from my Father’s collection of railway books. I’d even scratch built one for his Train set oh so many years ago.

6 Likes

Cool!

3 Likes

my apologies in advance, but i couldn’t resist sharing this, since we’re on the topic of trains…

4 Likes

Here’s a few shots from it.

4 Likes

Ah, those were the days. Although I imagine any coach (or carriage) car would be a lot more comfortable, just due to a better suspension. I’ve never built a locomotive model, but I did try upgrading a bought one. Didn’t get very far . . . .

4 Likes

I like the idea of having a Model Railway to fiddle with, but I lack the space (although z-gauge may be do-able), the time and the $$$ to throw at yet another “hobby” that I never get to enjoy.

4 Likes

Please tell me that that’s a shot by shot remake.

(I won’t make fun of you for knowing the source material. I promise)

5 Likes

lol! i honestly don’t know, but i love it.

5 Likes

OMG. As a model train buff, I can honestly say that was one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a long time. I haven’t seen the original but it doesn’t matter.

3 Likes

oh, you are? i’m super curious to know if the train in the beginning that he picks up and Corden rattles off something about it – was that correct? if they actually did their research and were saying something true (instead of something that sounded true just for the laugh), i’d be even more impressed by this.

4 Likes

Yup, Hornby is a long time model train manufacturer, and 4-6-2 refers to the wheel arrangement (2 axles, 3 axles, 1 axle). I didn’t catch what he says after that.

The incorrect thing was that Corden doesn’t say “Don’t pick that up, you idiot!” Model steam locomotives may have fragile details – pipes and whistles and what not – that can easily break if the model isn’t handled properly.

That scarf bit ! ROFL!!

3 Likes