On becoming “Unlimited”

My wife switched to Google Fi and loves it. The service seems to be good, and not expensive. The phones are super-expensive, though. I see now that they’ve cut $150 off the cheapest phone since I last looked, so that’s something, but it’s still $250, and has a non-replaceable battery whereas I could get a $60 phone with my current service and have spare batteries (which is a selling point to me), so I haven’t made the switch.

5 Likes

I think I’ll jump on Project Fi tonight. The phone prices are about what I expect - I once swore I wouldn’t pay that much again, but here I am.

I did see if I put in someone’s referral code, they get $20 credit. So PM me one if anyone cares.

4 Likes

Google Fi is great. You pay for what you use, and the data costs are capped once you go past a fixed amount. The data cap increases for how many folks are using the plan.

I personally travel a lot for work so it’s fantastic being able to walk off the plane and just have my phone and data work. No switching SIMs or worrying about an accidental roaming bill.

4 Likes

Did anyone out there get the “Facebook Fone?”

1 Like

Can anyone chime in on mobile Hotspot wifi, specifically Netzero vs. Boost Mobile? I’ve been paying $64 (before fees) for 4 GB on Netzero… until my issues attempting to upgrade to a hotspot.

I’ve discovered that Boost Mobile may be willing to activate my hotspot and give me 10 GB a month for only $50. Hmmm, over twice the data I’m getting now for less money… sounds like it’s time to switch… except I have no idea if Boost Mobile gives good service.

Does anybody know if Boost is a good company for wifi?

2 Likes