On-screen keyboard issue

Okay, all.

First things first. I have a broken keyboard for my tablet (the wire for w-e-r-t and u-i-o-p is severed and un-repair-able) so I have always used my on-screen keyboard.

Last night, I accidentally touched my fingerpad with a moist finger, and have probably caused a key-combination that has switched those letters in the on-screen keyboard with the numbered keys above, but only when I use the touch screen to type, not the fingerpad.

I’ve googled the problem, but the only answers I get are the “language” fix, which is really not the problem.

Any ideas about what I’ve done, so I can reverse it?

6 Likes

Look up how to recalibrate your touchscreen

7 Likes

Testing…testing. Ahhh, THANK YOU!

8 Likes

Good to know those 5 years documenting touch screens was not a waste.

10 Likes

There’s a reason it is step one on my troubleshooting guides for the damnable vehicle mounted units.

sure it may only fix the issue once in a while, but when it does its a miracle. and even if it doesn’t, the thing probably works better

6 Likes

So. You didn’t address the big question: iOS or Antroid?

3 Likes

Technically, Windows or Android. It’s a cheap Chinese brand called Chuwi that opens one or the other, but not both simultaneously.

Unless you’re asking @ChickieD

6 Likes

I had one of those. Ended up loaning it out and a person to POC something at one of the plants. And that company got sold off.

4 Likes

:interrobang:

6 Likes