One of the most trenchant content warnings I've ever seen

Perhaps we’ve reached a Golden (Brown) Age of maturity and sophistication and class.

7 Likes

i saw what you did etc.

2 Likes

Or perhaps ordinary biological processes are finally coming out of the (water) closet.

4 Likes

I don’t know, but it does seem like I’ve seen several in the last year or so. My first thought is that it’s some sort of selection bias, like once you notice (or have pointed out to you) the first one, you can’t stop noticing them everywhere else. Or maybe it’s a legitimate trend, and what we’re really seeing are a bunch of copycat poopers, inspired by the notoriety of some sort of archetypal serial-shitting fiend.

Or it could be The Algorithm. Yeah, it’s probably definitely just The Algorithm.

The worst part about the coverage of these stories is we never learn the motive. And frankly, I think that’s what makes them interesting. It’s not the “ooh gross, poop!” factor, it’s trying to figure out why someone would do that. That’s where the real drama lies. That NJ pooperintendent (heh, heh) is apparently doubling down on his denial, even though it sounds like they’ve got him on video in flagrante delicto. And that’s a real shame, because if they can’t even get him to admit that he did it, there’s no way we’ll ever learn why he did it.

4 Likes

But surely “runner’s trots” had something to do with at least some of these incidents?

4 Likes

Are you implying that the shit has finally hit the fan?

5 Likes