Our ex-so-called president

Oh, I don’t expect Repubs to convict Pence; I know they’d likely rather die than see Pelosi take office.

I hope he’s compromised to the point that it hamstrings him worse than Gerald Ford was after Nixon resigned and he gets even less accomplished before the next incoming admin kicks him to the curb.

9 Likes

Why can’t we crack the problem of rich, lying, bigots who advocate against the rest of us just making a living? Having a life. This is not new, but it’s also getting old.

6 Likes

You’re preaching to the choir, yo.

7 Likes

I know. :weary:

6 Likes

What do you bet this whole deal was orchestrated by the WH to make the MSM look bad, like the Dan Rather business.

3 Likes

That would represent a level of strategy I’ve seen no evidence of at the WH.

Far more likely, it seems to me, that SDNY let some stuff slip and SCO had to point out some parts were right, so parts were wrong (but they can’t say which is which because reasons).

My $0.02

11 Likes

Maybe the Pence transition team is laying chalklines.

3 Likes

Now if only the Washington Post would do the same.

11 Likes

Sad story of someone who thought she was making a good choice but whose life and career went down the tubes thanks to her indirect connection with Trump:

5 Likes

Apparently, Mueller’s team has issued a statement claiming inaccuracies in Buzzfeed’s reporting, but they’ve been pretty vague about what is inaccurate about it.

ETA: @kxkvi linked to that! Thanks!

6 Likes

Pelosi would still become VP, though, FWIW.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Use of quotes is accurate.

3 Likes

They are a physical manifestation of air quotes.

4 Likes

… I don’t think that’s how it works.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Pence becoming President would leave a vacancy in the office of Vice President, and when that happens, the President nominates a new candidate, who needs to be confirmed by both House and Senate.

If Trump gets impeached and Pence becomes President, Pelosi will be first in line for the presidential succession (until a new VP is confirmed), but I don’t think she’ll become VP herself.

7 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes