Our ex-so-called president

9 Likes

Instagram, realpeterock

9 Likes

You know, I looked at his approval numbers today. They’re down two percent, but disapproval is up 5 since the start of the shutdown.

So what you’d expect as support, or even neutrality, erodes among moderates. Lowest approval and highest disapproval in over a year.

The cost is not worth it, though.

9 Likes

Funny:

1 Like

“Sad” in what sense? “Sad” in the same way that it was “sad” that Leni Riefenstahl’s cinematic career never really took off after 1945 because she made a few bad judgment calls?

There was a reason that all of the other artists mentioned in the article noped the fuck out of it; it was perfectly obvious to everyone in 2016 that Trump was a nasty little racist gobshite. Ignorance is really no excuse.

4 Likes

I totally agree with you. Guess I should have put ‘sad’ in scare quotes.

4 Likes

My bad; I wasn’t sure if you were being sarcastic or not and should have given you the benefit of the doubt.

I guess what’s really sad is that the WaPo is still running bullshit stories like that in 2019…

5 Likes

Like, no shit. Whatever possessed (ha, maybe a demon) Pence to compare Trump to Martin Luther King Jr.? But I like this segment because for the first time (at least that I’ve seen) someone has actually compared Turnip’s wall to the BERLIN WALL. I’ve only been waiting for months.

I may be wrong; I can’t follow everything. Has anyone else had the balls to do that? And the memory of the Cold War? And the awfulness of East Germany?

7 Likes

If this was a movie, at this point President Edward Arnold would assemble his own private security force and force his way into the House to make his speech.

Are the Proud Boys busy?

3 Likes

In an embarrassment to U.S. President Donald Trump that could weaken his position in negotiations, the Democratic proposal got one more vote than the Republican plan in the Republican-dominated Senate. There were six Republican defectors, including freshman Senator Mitt Romney, who’s clashed periodically with the president.

The Republican bill got 51 votes in favour, 47 against. The Democrats’ plan received 52 in favour, 44 against.

Ouch.

That’s not going to help the Republican narrative that anyone other than Trump is responsible for the ongoing shutdown.

11 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/longtime-trump-adviser-roger-stone-indicted-by-special-counsel-in-russia-investigation/2019/01/25/93a4d8fa-2093-11e9-8e21-59a09ff1e2a1_story.html

Now the chips are falling.

13 Likes

Being able to crawl back into bed and whisper “hey, honey bunny, the FBI arrested Roger Stone” was a pretty good feeling.

13 Likes

That motherfucker deserves a good long prison term.

12 Likes

Made my day.:+1:

7 Likes

I wonder if he’ll get any new tattoos to go with the one of Nixon on his back.

8 Likes

So, what was the point?

(Edit: switched to a better source.)

10 Likes

Well, this will only fund the government for three weeks.

So Trump will either have to give up on the wall, Democrats will have to agree to it, or Shutdown II: The Shuttening will find itself in theatres everywhere on Feb 15.

7 Likes

This is the point

Top headline

4th headline down.

10 Likes

I also love it how the top headline makes it sound like it was Congress’ fault for not giving the Toddler in Chief what he wants.

Is WaPo okay?

7 Likes

Seriously, WaPo has never been great but recent weeks have seen them drop any pretense of not being a direct, verbatim and entirely uncritical mouthpiece for the GOP.

Does Bezos need a favour from the government or something?

8 Likes