Our ex-so-called president

But what a wreck ta watch!

2 Likes

Now, let’s talk high-speed-train wreck here…

Isn’t one of Bobby’s kids a Trumper? What does he have to say about this? And Caroline…is she keeping quiet out of dignity?

Addendum: Well, here’s Maria:

2 Likes

“Because the Court of Appeals concluded that President Trump’s claims would have failed even if he were the incumbent, his status as a former President necessarily made no difference to the court’s decision,” the court said in its order.

Conservative-leaning Justice Clarence Thomas was the lone public dissenter in the order.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I love the line about the shitshows:

1 Like
1 Like

Trump alleged during a rally in Texas over the weekend that Black prosecutors investigating him are “racist,” and he is again flirting with mob violence, calling for mass protests if they do anything he deems to be “wrong or illegal.”

And after teasing a 2024 run — “to take back that beautiful, beautiful house that happens to be white” — he said one of his actions as president could be to pardon those convicted as a result of their actions during last year’s insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. More than 750 people and counting have been charged with crimes.

2 Likes

Shoehorning some levity into the topic…

1 Like
4 Likes

WARNING: If you’re drinking something, put it down.

Really, I mean it.

Ok, any spit-takes are on the drinker at this point…

3 Likes

The National Butterfly Center filed a lawsuit in 2017 after the Trump administration allegedly began construction of a wall, using chainsaws to destroy trees and other plant life, on center-owned property without permission. The 100-acre property is home to lush gardens and endangered plant life, as well as numerous nature trails that are the natural habitats of the more than 200 species of butterflies that live there.

4 Likes

Separately the Republican Party censured two of its top lawmakers for investigating the Capitol riots.

The two legislators, Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, are the only Republicans on a congressional select committee investigating the riots. The statement by the Republican National Committee (RNC) accused the pair of helping to persecute “ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse”.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I really wonder how they think moderate conservative voters view that. Given that I no longer live in the US, I don’t have a feel for how folks on the street feel, and I don’t take the MSM or social media very seriously. But personally, I think every time they do this, it marginalizes them further. I saw the video, and I know what legitimate political discourse looks like, and Jan 6th wasn’t it.

4 Likes

The people who are comfortable yet precarious and identify as “conservative” have lost their damned minds. They think they’re part of a new movement, but they’ve really just given up thinking. The rest of us are just sick of their shit.

2 Likes

Most of the conservatives I knew in the US were moderate, but serious law-and-order types. They’d have been horrified at the jerks defiling the Capitol. It’s kind of a pity I’ve fallen out of communication with them, I’d love to know where their heads are at now.

3 Likes

Well…

Maybe you wouldn’t.

3 Likes

My cousins who are fans of 45 are ignorant and programmed to stay that way, simple as that. I pity them.

2 Likes

Yeah, I actually would. I don’t ask questions that I don’t want to know the answers to.

If too many of the moderate conservatives have lost their minds and gone full Trump, the US is doomed. It may be anyway.

4 Likes