Our ex-so-called president

I am shocked at the number of otherwise well-meaning people who can’t see his con, his grifts, and his lies. Maybe they just don’t care. Personally, I doubt he’ll make 2024 healthy and aware enough to run again, but I could be wrong. But DeSantis worries me more. He’s younger and a hell of a lot smarter than Trump, but seems cut from the same cloth. And he wants it so bad he’ll do anything to get it.

6 Likes

I’m not. I don’t find them to be “otherwise well-meaning” any more - I can’t reconcile the two. To me, it means they were born vulnerable to this nonsense, maybe just a tiny bit for some. I dunno, I was lucky to be brought up by emotionally-screwed-up people who let me & my brother read anything we wanted to & who believed in learnedness and education.

I agree, I think he’s gonna croak, on stage, dramatically. Or maybe just in his sleep. Maybe he’ll fall into his soup or something. But I don’t think he’ll make it to 2024. Personally, I’m getting tired of it not ever seeming to be anything but an election year.

DeSantis may fumble somehow…I just have that kinda feeling. They are like Triffids, shedding off of the original nasty plant, aren’t they though?

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

And in other Trump-related financial news…

5 Likes

She still wins. Evidence of the deep state, activist judges and all that.

2 Likes

I found this so bizarre. Will this accounting firm that got 10 years carried water for Trump face no consequences for certifying his financial records incorrectly???

2 Likes

The jury didn’t wait and rejected it for him, so, she actually got her whole day in court.

2 Likes
1 Like

If there’s any charges, my take is that they’ll get some form of immunity.

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

I’m putting this here because it is about an ex-so-called POTUS (although at least this one had actual & relevant experience w/the US govt/bureaucracy. But the parallels of their respective paranoias are too evident to be ignored, IMNSHO.

1 Like

At her sentencing hearing Wednesday, Howell said that she had been told by GOP officials that she would be rewarded for her dedication to keeping Trump in office.

“I feel betrayed by the former president,” she said during the hearing. “I was promised things by people that were close to him, such as a job in the White House.”

6 Likes

:astonished:

7 Likes

7 Likes
9 Likes

So yes, all Republicans are assholes. And there’s nothing like misdirected rage to make even the most lizardlike churchboy minion of Mike Pence turn rabid in a momentary breakdown.

3 Likes