Our Felonious Ex-President

The WTF just happened today site is terrifying. It’s just everyday 5 little horrors about what is happening today.

6 Likes

this site?

7 Likes
6 Likes

Probably posted somewhere before, but I think this is the first I’ve seen it.

10 Likes

Strange statements only Tucker Carlson could love.

“He’s the strangest president in the history of the United States,” Ranko Krivokapic told the BBC.

8 Likes

Wins the “Understatement of the Year Award.”

6 Likes

I would have given it “The Captain Obvious Award Which is the Award for Saying Something so Blatantly Obvious that it Should Not Need to be Said.”

5 Likes

That one. I subscribed. Every day I get the little update “Welcome to Hell.”

4 Likes

I would suspect that’s because it is probably not diplomatic to say that the president of the largest member of the alliance you just joined is a fucking idiot under firm Russian control.

6 Likes
4 Likes
12 Likes

Ah-hah!

“Montenegro” was not just a small country Tucker Carlson pulled out of Trump’s ass!

I strongly recommend you listen to this:

Or, at least read this:

And did you know Minetegro has a thriving resort business? Great place to build a hotel.

3 Likes

What’s Russia’s route to make use of the Montenegrin port even if they are able to install a friendly regime? It seems increasingly likely Russia will continue to strengthen their hold on eastern Ukraine for the foreseeable future, but Montenegro is locked away from mainland Russia by both EU and NATO member states. I guess they would stock ships up in Montenegro before any hostilities that would close the Bosphorus?

More importantly, why do rich old men care so much about this game of global domination anyway? Buy yourself a villa and some wine, don’t make your retirement so hard.

6 Likes

I suppose if they have a naval base in Syria they figured, “well, let’s go for the Adriatic now.”

3 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

I gather he taped other meetings, too.

4 Likes

I don’t want this to be overlooked: The important point of this story is not Russia’s desire to control Montenegro, that’s bad enough, but rather that this is proof Trump is working on behalf of a foreign power. Clearly this is something Putin lectured Trump about at their private summit, and Trump pre-arranged this question with Tucker Carlson, who was happy to help.

8 Likes

You’re forgetting that Russia’s balkan BFF borders Montenegro… I can’t imagine that Serbia doesn’t play a role in shaping Russian policy on the Balkans more broadly. The greater Serbia plan has driven some Serbian nationalists since the late 19th century and that hasn’t gone away, even if it’s been muted at times.

9 Likes

I mentioned this at TOP, but CNN mentioned one other tidbit: regardless of whether or not Trump knew Cohen recorded these conversations, since Cohen was acting as Trump’s lawyer in the Stormy Daniels case at the time, the recordings should be protected by attorney-client privilege. That they are not implies that the client must have waived this privilege. Otherwise, we wouldn’t be hearing about this since the judge conducted a master review of everything seized in those FBI raids, allowing Trump’s legal team to review the seized documents to determine what was privileged and what was not.

Therefore, CNN concluded, the contents of this taped conversation are probably a nothingburger. They harped on this point in between discussing the Helsinki press conference and various other Trump-Russia shenanigans.

3 Likes