Our Felonious Ex-President

well considering this is a “religious” country there shouldn’t be any issues.

3 Likes

Does it give you standing in Family court? If ICE decides to press this issue (la cruauté oblige), would your formalized relationship help to protect the children?

Recall the difficulties of gay and lesbian couples before Obergefell v. Hodges.

I don’t doubt your commitment; but those in power might.

5 Likes

Make America Gasp Again.

8 Likes

yeah…I was just trying to keep my hope alive.

4 Likes

Don’t inhale too deeply

5 Likes

How about radium? Let’s use radium for all sorts of stuff. Tapeworms for weight loss!

Fucking assholes just do not give a shit about anything but $$$$$$$$$.

10 Likes

Reality check on the asbestos story:

Trump blames the mafia for banning it, but it’s unlikely this will lead to wider use of it.

4 Likes

back in 2008, the US Embassy in Beijing began monitoring PM2.5 concentration with a rooftop sensor.

The chinese authorities periodically attempt to censor the data.

The embassy still provides this data to those who can find it.

https://twitter.com/beijingair
http://www.stateair.net/web/post/1/1.html

Unfortunately, it appears the Trump’s EPA is preparing to gut the standard.

a tip of the hat to the establishment liberals at the new republic

7 Likes

I just think it’s funny that in Cyrillic his name is Donald Tramp.

4 Likes

So, does this mean that the secret service has been undermined so thoroughly that amateur spies can record a sitting president? Or could this possibly have happened under Obama?

I’ve always thought of the secret service as the most competent security staff in the government. I might be naive, that’s been true many times, but I thought this wasn’t supposed to happen in what ought to be the most secure building in the country.

4 Likes

Competent staff, secure building. Could the problem be the president himself?

6 Likes

Well, if anything is incompetent and insecure…

4 Likes

But see, business people know how to run things! /s

7 Likes

Absolutely!

I’ve worked for several business people who ran the whole company off a cliff with shortsighted bullshit and hubris.

Edit: There’s enough of a trend, I think that must be what they teach in MBA school… that you’re smarter than literally everyone else, and MBAs can do no wrong, despite all evidence to the contrary.

9 Likes

No one reporting this story has the recording or a transcript. Is it supposed to be in her book?

4 Likes

I assume so. I’d link if I could recall where I read it, but some are saying that they are not particularly interesting recordings, no bombshells. The issue for me is operational security at the white house. I might abhor the motherfucker in chief, but I still think white house security ought to be, you know, good. If she could do it, who else did?

2 Likes

Igor Korobov, or, more properly, his little boys and girls.

2 Likes

They wouldn’t let Obama keep his existing Blackberry – and say what you want about Research in Motion, but they designed those things for business use – until he had security software installed. At first they were just going to take it away, period.

I remember an interview with Bill Clinton, after he was no longer president, where they asked how much he used email. He explained he used it more nowadays, but when he was president he never did, because everything a president writes gets documented and archived. Even if he’d dashed off an email to Chelsea saying, “good luck on your exams!”, it would have been archived.

Compare to Trump.

6 Likes
3 Likes

It’d be interesting to have a counter-counter-movement, covering these over with similar ones for “Donald Drumpf” or more disparaging names.

4 Likes