Our Felonious Ex-President

5 Likes

I expected more from Williams when he started working for the National of the public radios. It was almost a relief when he moved on to Fox. Then I stopped listening to NPR/OPB altogether.

This? I don’t see the point. Are you really “workin’ it from tha’ inside”?

3 Likes

Well, they are “Fair and Balanced” . . . .

2 Likes

Things that haven’t happened in other administrations:

9 Likes

Woodward’s book Fear suggests the same thing.

I’m so relieved./s

5 Likes

Like the Valkyrie plot, but short of an actual assassination attempt. They still want to push the Republican policies, just not with Trump.

That’s why I like the rumours that the article was written by Pence. It emphasises that just because they agree with the general sentiments about Trump, that doesn’t mean they’re actually in the resistance.

13 Likes

Yeah, disliking his abrasive style, but liking what he’s accomplishing, isn’t even close to resisting the fascist, anti-poor, white supremacist motherfucker.

11 Likes

Seriously it is the lamest thing, basically someone trying to call for a coup.

9 Likes

I don’t know if Pence has that much spine. Jared, maybe? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve heard Pence, Kushner, Kellyanne Conway, Kellyanne Conway’s husband… my favourite is that it’s not a single author but a group effort. It’s my favourite because it came about from a text analysis :smiley:

11 Likes

Ya know, Pence’s denial doesn’t actually deny it.

“The Vice President puts his name on his Op-Eds. The @nytimes should be ashamed and so should the person who wrote the false, illogical, and gutless op-ed. Our office is above such amateur acts,” Pence spokesman Jarrod Agen tweeted.

5 Likes

Should we fork this into separate threads for … 1. policy and power 2. palace intrigues, and 3. investigations?

(frankly, I want to avoid 2. palace intrigues.)

1 Like

Reminds me of the 1991 August Coup in Russia.

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes
15 Likes
16 Likes

To be fair, I wish they could do it without actual consequences such as harassing everyone around them, death threats towards people around them, etc. The first step would be for them to go off and get out of government. Otherwise the only way to limit consequences is for everyone else to force them out…

1 Like

5 Likes