Our Felonious Ex-President

We’ll all go together when we go

Although that’s not particularly likely, and most of our rulers would escape to their fallout shelters.

I used to think it was a miracle that Vasiliy Arkipov and Stanislav Petrov were in the right places, at the right times, but without denying their credit, I imagine others have made the same decision, and most bomber and missile crews would make the same decision if that day ever comes.

That leaves the chance that a few would obey that order.

And the reality that our society is fucking up the environment we all depend on and our rulers are looting as fast as they can, like someone trying to tear up a wooden lifeboat, to build a fire.

6 Likes
5 Likes

These are the same people who were upset about any criticism of Obama, right? The same people who thought Obama was the freely elected president of the United States, and who would never use racial epithets toward him for the eight years he was president, right?

Right?

Whaddaya mean no?

9 Likes

I remember there being all sorts of people, while GWB was in office, who said that any criticism of the President in a time of war was treason.

I’m absolutely certain that none of them criticized Obama when he took over the War on Terror.

12 Likes

Well who benefits from consistency, fairness, and rationality?/s

(insert up to 24 parentheses)

It’s clear that the FBI deep state is moving against 100% Americans, to keep 100% Americans from moving against the 1st Amendment enemies of the people./s

5 Likes
4 Likes

Thread:

So get out and vote USians, okay? Any percentage chance means it could happen.

9 Likes

I don’t think so, I think it’s just that a lot more people have access to a platform to say whatever they want…

6 Likes

You know, back during the election, when he was screaming about draining the swamp and moaning about lobbyist, I don’t think THIS was what he meant, but maybe in a weird way, Trump WILL get the swamp drained, because so many corrupt people who made the swamp seem to be going down now… Hm.

11 Likes

Not sure if there’s a source for the claim that they “continue” to question, but it looks like some definitely did, and I wouldn’t put it past Trumpers (trumpists? trumpalumphs?) to continue it.

13 Likes

The snopes link gave a pop up “Amazon Free Gift” window, so I closed it. Anyone else get that?

3 Likes

I did not, but I am using adblock so I don’t know whether that might be involved.

4 Likes

Same as @Nonentity, did not, but I’m also running a blocker…

3 Likes

This whole fiasco makes it clear to me that there are a lot more completely amoral high-powered businessmen than I thought – and I thought there was a lot. I bet they all know each other too, or at least aware of each other. The laws are just not being passed to deal effectively with this crap – mainly because so many legislators are among these assholes. It’s just mind boggling.

ETA: Gee, we need something like RICO applied.

8 Likes

Interesting. I was looking at it on an iPad. Let me try this PC (win 10 w/adblockers).

ETA: Nope. I guess I need something for the iPad – though I do have the pop-up window blocker enabled. I think.

3 Likes

It’s not what people are saying, it’s what they aren’t doing.

We aren’t reading the news like we used to. We aren’t thinking critically about what we read. Hell, we aren’t even reading anymore.

That’s mostly what I mean.

4 Likes

There’s that, and then there’s also how the news is presented. Today’s news is more like this constant deluge of gossip. On the one hand every little triviality gets broadcast. On the other it’s the same talking points over and over.

I haven’t had regular access to broadcast TV news since the late 80s, and even against those days of Hard Copy the difference is stark.

6 Likes

Remember when we thought Hard Copy was sensationalistic schlock journalism?

It’s a paragon of journalistic ethics compared to the bottomless sewer that the news media has become.

7 Likes

I got that. Doesn’t seem legit.

2 Likes

RICO is generally used to just antidemocratically punish everyone around a target.

3 Likes