Our Felonious Ex-President

Sad story of someone who thought she was making a good choice but whose life and career went down the tubes thanks to her indirect connection with Trump:

5 Likes

Apparently, Mueller’s team has issued a statement claiming inaccuracies in Buzzfeed’s reporting, but they’ve been pretty vague about what is inaccurate about it.

ETA: @kxkvi linked to that! Thanks!

6 Likes

Pelosi would still become VP, though, FWIW.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Use of quotes is accurate.

3 Likes

They are a physical manifestation of air quotes.

4 Likes

… I don’t think that’s how it works.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Pence becoming President would leave a vacancy in the office of Vice President, and when that happens, the President nominates a new candidate, who needs to be confirmed by both House and Senate.

If Trump gets impeached and Pence becomes President, Pelosi will be first in line for the presidential succession (until a new VP is confirmed), but I don’t think she’ll become VP herself.

7 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

Instagram, realpeterock

9 Likes

You know, I looked at his approval numbers today. They’re down two percent, but disapproval is up 5 since the start of the shutdown.

So what you’d expect as support, or even neutrality, erodes among moderates. Lowest approval and highest disapproval in over a year.

The cost is not worth it, though.

9 Likes

Funny:

1 Like

I totally agree with you. Guess I should have put ‘sad’ in scare quotes.

4 Likes

Like, no shit. Whatever possessed (ha, maybe a demon) Pence to compare Trump to Martin Luther King Jr.? But I like this segment because for the first time (at least that I’ve seen) someone has actually compared Turnip’s wall to the BERLIN WALL. I’ve only been waiting for months.

I may be wrong; I can’t follow everything. Has anyone else had the balls to do that? And the memory of the Cold War? And the awfulness of East Germany?

7 Likes

If this was a movie, at this point President Edward Arnold would assemble his own private security force and force his way into the House to make his speech.

Are the Proud Boys busy?

3 Likes

In an embarrassment to U.S. President Donald Trump that could weaken his position in negotiations, the Democratic proposal got one more vote than the Republican plan in the Republican-dominated Senate. There were six Republican defectors, including freshman Senator Mitt Romney, who’s clashed periodically with the president.

The Republican bill got 51 votes in favour, 47 against. The Democrats’ plan received 52 in favour, 44 against.

Ouch.

That’s not going to help the Republican narrative that anyone other than Trump is responsible for the ongoing shutdown.

11 Likes