Our Felonious Ex-President

Sounds like Trump’s sort of movie.

As to whether he discovered it himself or if it was fed to him by one of his toadies, who knows?

5 Likes

Tuesday Movie Nights with Stephen Miller is on his agenda.

5 Likes

Arguing that Trump (etc.) isn’t a baby, but rather an “old boy”:

9 Likes

American exceptionalism at it’s anti-intellectual best.

7 Likes

Interesting comparison of anti-government shutdown bills in congress:

The article rightly points out that an automatic continuing resolution during stalled debate may lead republicans to just let the gummint run along at a constant level of funding – essentially continuing automatic sequestration. My favorite idea is to slightly increase government funding if agreement isn’t reached – taking it away from current and future Congress members’ income. But that’s not one in any of the bills before Congress.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Don’t let him watch “Gilligan’s Island.”

Those poor white people!

8 Likes

8 Likes
5 Likes

This is what keeps me up at night

5 Likes

Such heroism!

8 Likes

Also deserves

Герой Российской Федерации
(Hero of the Russian Federation)

5 Likes
13 Likes

With everything going on, you’d think the NYTimes would have something substantive to report under the line “White House Memo”, right?

It’s speculations about the unnatural orange glow. Seriously.

4 Likes

Eats a lot of carrots? (On his hamberders.)

3 Likes

Yesterday I heard from a coworker a furious, frustrated denunciation of Trump as being a kind of last suicide death-run operation of the KGB, to destroy 'Murica from within by putting the worst manager in the business world into the White House. “Communism is definitely coming back now.” It took a moment before I realized he was reciting a bit he’d seen. Or maybe he came up with it on his own. “Having a jape”, I think, is how some of you would put it.

Anyway, if that’s the case then we’re back to the problem of governing ourselves without giving it up to the military dictatorships of President-for-life/monarch/imperial-governor (people), state parties espousing traditional values (places), or an easily steerable global ideology of greed and murder (best-selling-book-things). Whether you call the best-selling-book-things Stalinism or Businessism, we’ve been in retreat since we found ourselves facing wave after wave of this shit. We need some actual hope that doesn’t mean competing genocides. And the magic Businessist can’t cut it. Look at all these fuckers up close and they can’t even hold a room anymore. The greedy, slippery arbitrager comes out into the light, blinks it’s eighteen sets of eyelids, flicks its delicate forked tongue, and the heaves from the audience drowns out what used to seem like an authority.

5 Likes

But who will be waming his hamberders and covfefe?

3 Likes

Since the midterms, Trump spent 60% of his work day in “Executive Time.”

8 Likes

7 Likes

More like

11 Likes