Our Felonious Ex-President

In a series of tweets, Mr Trump said he had been set to meet senior Taliban leaders at Camp David on Sunday.
However he cancelled the meeting and called off negotiations after the group admitted to an attack in Kabul that killed a US soldier.

But I’ll still meet with the NRA anytime.

5 Likes

Of course he scheduled a meeting with the Taliban just before 9/11.

And of course he called it off because they admitted to a single attack.

And of course he immediately tweets about it.

7 Likes

I like that the BBC didn’t publish any of his Tweetings. I appreciate that.

7 Likes

“This is the first time I’ve felt pressure from above to not say what truly is the forecast,” the meteorologist said. “It’s hard for me to wrap my head around. One of the things we train on is to dispel inaccurate rumors and ultimately that is what was occurring — ultimately what the Alabama office did is provide a forecast with their tweet, that is what they get paid to do.”

The NOAA statement made no reference of the fact that when Trump tweeted that Alabama was at risk, the state was not in the National Hurricane Center’s “cone of uncertainty,” which forecasters use to determine where the storm is most likely to hit. Alabama also had not appeared in the cone in the days before that.

6 Likes

don’t worry, with the upcoming roll out of 5G, those ivory tower meteorologists won’y be able to bask in the glow of their smug certainties for long.

3 Likes

They left the lede out completely. One of these agents was involved in the Hermitage standoff with protesters protecting the same guy. This agent was specifically targeting the guy.

4 Likes

might as well post this, though what good it will do?

7 Likes
3 Likes

James Spann is a local institution in Alabama. He was the weather forecaster when I was a kid. He is still at it. He has a super state of the art weather forecasting setup. Kudos to him.

7 Likes

Our world is not dying. It is being murdered.

Non-scrolling sidebar warning.

5 Likes

Republican insider “explains” Trump’s apparent mental illness.

tl;dr version: We’re supposed to accept it, feel sorry for him, and not elect any more mentally-ill people.

Nah.

5 Likes

I think they explicitly said they weren’t saying that:

Seeing him for what he is—a terribly damaged soul, a broken man, a person with a disordered mind—should not lessen our revulsion at how Trump mistreats others, at his cruelty and dehumanizing actions. Nor should it weaken our resolve to stand up to it.

5 Likes

They could have gone further. I’d go on myself, but you get the idea.

6 Likes

He might have known he was wrong, but being wrong, or being right for that matter, is immaterial when the authoritarian’s objective is getting you to accept what he says as the only truth. Moreover, the more ridiculous his statements—like using a Sharpie on a weather map to “prove” he was right—the more pleasure he’ll derive from its ultimate acceptance. To the extent that he’s “not well,” it’s to the extent that your humiliation is to him a source of pleasure.

http://rawstory.com/2019/09/trump-isnt-lying-because-hes-mentally-ill-hes-lying-because-he-likes-lying

5 Likes

I think “getting away with something” is the big appeal to everything the dolt does.

8 Likes

As someone who just got out of an abusive relationship, abusers love to keep everyone focused on them and their chaos machines. Change happens once you stop giving them attention and move on with your own life.

Yes, Trump is fascinating to analyze and try to understand. I think we all know by now that he is a danger to us all and must be removed from office by any means necessary, as should his enablers.

8 Likes

so Trump fired Bolton. Probably a good idea, but you never know with Trump.

9 Likes

He accidentally did something good. Of course he shouldn’t have hired the bastard in the first place.

Now we get to see who he replaces him with. Someone worse, no doubt.

10 Likes

Let the boot licking begin.

4 Likes

I’d be cheered by that, if I didn’t entirely expect the next replacement to be someone worse.

7 Likes