Our Felonious Ex-President

In fractious exchanges with Democrats, he said he could not answer any question about his conversations with Mr Trump.

On the eve of the hearing, the White House had instructed Mr Lewandowski not divulge his discussions with the president. White House lawyers sat behind Mr Lewandowski during the session.

6 Likes

Let’s bring back lead paint and DDT too.

3 Likes

Hopefully this will tie up the courts until that shithead is out of the White House.

3 Likes

You know a great car that polluted but cut prices?

2 Likes
3 Likes

Suddenly Turnip cares about the environment!

Oh wait. Just part of the ordinary class war and vendetta against California.

9 Likes

It’s sad home homeless people are fucking up real estate values. /smh

6 Likes

So there’s speculation that Trump offered aid to the Ukrainian government if it would either investigate the younger Biden or help Manafort.

5 Likes

Come on down, Marco Rubio! Step right up, Ben Sasse! Tom Cotton, Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, the history books are watching: Tell us one more time, just one more time, how completely Donald Trump the Great owns your vote, your principles, your honor!

Seems twisted, but accurate.

1 Like
4 Likes

So first they block California’s attempts to address air pollution-- and then they refuse highway funds on the grounds that it’s not doing enough.

6 Likes

He derided defenders of migrants’ rights as “open-border activists who cloak themselves in the rhetoric of social justice” for the sake of “cruel and evil” policies.

So he’s at the “what you call good, I call evil” stage, but not necessarily the “what you call evil, I call good” stage, or “I bring the gift of death to all humankind” stage of superrobberbarony. (supervilliany is a bit of a misnomer.)

7 Likes

Fucking Finally.

8 Likes

I have to imagine that this had something to do with it:

Also, fucking finally.

9 Likes

*whistle*

I can only see that meaning two things.

Either they’re that confident there’s nothing to this allegation, or they’re actually feeling some pressure to hold Trump accountable for something.

6 Likes

Trump definitely engaged in “instances of obstruction of justice,” Comey told Sacremento’s KCRA Tuesday, when asked whether he believes that Trump should be impeached. “As a citizen, I kind of hope [Trump isn’t impeached] because I think the American people would be let off the hook if Donald Trump were impeached and removed from office. And a lot of his supporters would think some sort of coup had taken place. We need to take responsibility for this and vote next November, and show that we have a certain set of values and insist that our leaders reflect those values.”

2 Likes

This, to me, feels like a bigger deal.

10 Likes

Um, yes, the American people - but what about those in the migrant camps? They came here because they thought it would be better than their country of origin! So other humans have to suffer so US voters - who weren’t entirely responsible for the 2016 election disaster, were they now? - can learn from their mistake.

Half of em DON’T seem to fucking care! And the rich do not learn if it’s a mistake in THEIR favor.

Sorry, Jimmy boy, but you been amongst the elite for too long, it would appear.

10 Likes

Man, if I were the whistle-blower, I’d tell all of these politicians and pundits to kiss my whole entire backside. We “American people” are a decadent bourgeoisie who won’t storm concentration camps to save children. Why should the whistle-blower believe that the “people” will do anything to “stand with” them, unless the whistle-blower has the secret recipe for chicken sandwiches? Our leaders in Congress are feckless cowards. They have failed, repeatedly, to hold President Donald Trump or A.G. Barr accountable for any of their past transgressions against the rule of law. Why should the whistle-blower believe that Congress—through the newly opened House Intelligence Committee investigation or other means—is going to start holding Trump and Barr accountable now?

7 Likes

Because the fucking whistle-blower lives here too? Because it would be so SAH-WEET to take him down?

Good things aren’t always done for altruistic reasons.

And if the reporter is so hot-and-bothered about this, why doesn’t HE lead people to, say, free the migrants from the camps?

I’ve been a whistle-blower and lost my job over it. In the media, yet, lol. Should tell ya about it someday (local media, but still juicy).

11 Likes