Our Felonious Ex-President

Yes, if we could get the billionaires to contribute to this cause, I think it would be a burden off all of us.

3 Likes

“Devin Nunes” is actually an anagram of “Evil Nude Sin.”

8 Likes

Mr Trump claimed in his letter he had been “deprived of basic Constitutional Due Process from the beginning of this impeachment scam” and “denied the most fundamental rights afforded by the Constitution, including the right to present evidence”.

“More due process was afforded to those accused in the Salem Witch Trials,” he wrote.

The president was in fact publicly invited by the Democratic chair of the House Judiciary Committee to give evidence in the impeachment process, which would have also allowed his legal team to question witnesses, but he declined.

The Mayor of Salem, Kim Driscoll, tweeted that the president should “Learn some history,” saying the witch trial convictions were made in the absence of evidence, whereas the case against the president involved “ample evidence”.

Ms Pelosi told reporters at the Capitol that she hadn’t read the letter in full but had seen “the essence” of it and thought it was “really sick”.

It’s clear from reading the letter that some sycophant in the Oval Office took a random selection of Trump tweets and turned them into complete sentences.

5 Likes

Oh god, we really don’t need more of that thinking among 'tweens. Don’t tell me they’re reproducing!

:wink:

4 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, the president of the United States:

I checked; it’s real. And before someone says, “but he’s always like this”, yeah, but the wrongness of that really struck me with this tweet.

8 Likes

I think the all-caps counts as a fifth exclamation point for purposes of estimating sanity. He’s headed for orbit.

6 Likes

Nice to see on the Washington Post:

8 Likes

“DO NOTHING DEMOCRATS”

8 Likes

13 Likes
6 Likes

Holy fucking shit, I feel like my IQ just droppped 25 points reading that. That is the dumbest shit ever.

10 Likes

I suppose from a long con point of view it might make sense, in that he seems to be dragging the GOP down with him.

I’ve been trying to compare this to Nixon in my head. Nixon ordered/knew about illegal goings-on to get re-elected. If you were GOP and outside of CREEP, you could say, “well, I don’t approve of what Nixon or CREEP did, but I hold to Republican values and platforms.”

But with Trump, it’s just unhinged unethical and illegal nonsense all the way down. There are still a lot of GOPers trying to act like it’s politics as usual, but it really isn’t.

It really, really isn’t.

Then again, going back to the “projection” rule, it means the GOP are the ones who have been in for the long con. And that, sadly, I can believe. They’re always going on about the gay agenda, the liberal agenda, the feminist agenda.

Looks like they’ve had an agenda for years.

10 Likes

That sounds like a theft of a joke from Seth Meyers a few days ago:

(I’d quote it in text but transcribing the whole thing with the speed that Meyers talks is a pain. It’s at 2:51 - 3:33)

[edit] Oh, apparently their media people thought it sounded familiar too and supplied a handy snippet in the responses:

4 Likes
3 Likes

Woah. He seems REALLY high.

5 Likes

4 Likes

The 80’s called, they say we’re welcome to keep the Reagan clone since something clearly went wrong in the process, and they wouldn’t want to be that far out of date anyways.

7 Likes

But if it’s in space, how can it be “the world’s”… oh never mind.

3 Likes
1 Like

This came up at the other place…The source for this is here:

It only links to itself, and seems a pretty shady site overall.

And the Borowitz report from 2017, which is satire:

This looks like it’s not credible.

7 Likes