Our Felonious Ex-President

I have to image Trump wanted this to happen and be a pretext for a major operation against Iran. I suppose backing out of the Iran nuclear treaty wasn’t enough.

#donnyiwontdieforyou

4 Likes
1 Like

Wouldn’t be the first time.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I wonder what would have happened if this guy’s last name was White.

Frankly I don’t find the joke in “poor taste.” I think it’s a fair political satire on the assholiness of our so-called “president,” not to mention on the comparison between our culture and that of the Middle East.

8 Likes

“I’m going to tell you about the Nobel Peace Prize, I’ll tell you about that. I made a deal, I saved a country, and I just heard that the head of that country is now getting the Nobel Peace Prize for saving the country. I said: ‘What, did I have something to do with it?’ Yeah, but you know, that’s the way it is. As long as we know, that’s all that matters… I saved a big war, I’ve saved a couple of them.”

Although he did not name the Nobel Peace Prize winner or the country, it is clear that Mr Trump was referring to Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed. Mr Abiy, 43, is Africa’s youngest head of government.

He came into office in April 2018 after months of anti-government protests forced his predecessor to resign.

Mr Abiy has introduced massive liberalising reforms to Ethiopia, shaking up what was a tightly controlled nation.

He freed thousands of opposition activists from jail and allowed exiled dissidents to return home. He has also allowed the media to operate freely and appointed women to prominent positions.

And in October last year, he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize - the only head of state to win the prize since Mr Trump was elected in 2016.

5 Likes

Unbelievable.

2 Likes

North Korea has received birthday greetings from US President Donald Trump for Kim Jong-un, but says their personal relationship is not enough to restart nuclear negotiations.

Mr Kim could personally like Mr Trump, but would not lead his country on the basis of his feelings, said foreign ministry adviser Kim Kye Gwan.

Kim Jong-Un, more rational than the Donald.

3 Likes

Called it, again. The GOP have been using impeachment to extort Trump in an ouroboros of criminality. Trump has no fear of impeachment from Democrats, just Republicans.

6 Likes

No shit. Do we call this “quid pro quo”?

5 Likes

I call it, “Donnie is Mitch’s bitch.”

4 Likes

He’s also Vlad’s, Recep’s and MbS’s bitch. Why would he be any different for Moscow Mitch?

5 Likes

Direct control over his state of future employment.

2 Likes

Andy, I suspect the other three have that as well. That’s why he doesn’t kick against them, even when giving them a boot would normally be a no-brainer.

1 Like

By what mechanism? Assassination? Ok. Fake news? No. Leverage over business deals? Umm… he’s pretty insulated and diversified geographically on that count.

What the Resident offers McConnell is cover for doing maximum damage to our democracy all the way up to the point that the Thugs lose the Senate, if they ever do.

2 Likes

“Oh, may I please kiss your butt, Donald?”

2 Likes

Boris Johnson already got permission. We can only see him from the knees down at this point.

2 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

Look, the cops are just asking for a backdoor for themselves, when they, uh, have lawful warrents. It’s not like they or anyone else would be able to misuse it.

Look, are you going to believe them, or are you going to believe a bunch of mathematicians and other educated people with their agendas when they tell you “it’s impossible”? They’re just saying they don’t want to obey the cop, uh, obey the law.

4 Likes