Our Felonious Ex-President

6 Likes

Asked about this report Friday, White House economic adviser Lawrence Kudlow told reporters “we’re looking at it.” Kudlow, of course, has written that “Wealthy folks have no need to steal or engage in corruption,” so he surely doesn’t see any need to prohibit the rich from engaging in the kinds of untoward practices he is sure they would never need to do.

Righto, Ace.

4 Likes

“Odin and I drowned entire civilizations in blood and tears. Where do you think all this gold came from?”

2 Likes

They’re going for the classic “Charles I defense.”

3 Likes

That worked great, from what I recall. Really, really, satisfyingly great.

1 Like

It all comes down to Soros.

3 Likes

Traitor to his class, Soros did the weed and now it’s the end of civilization.

1 Like

Let’s play a game. Who said this: Trump or Charles I?

…no earthly power can justly call me (who am your King) in question as a delinquent … this day’s proceeding cannot be warranted by God’s laws; for, on the contrary, the authority of obedience unto Kings is clearly warranted, and strictly commanded in both the Old and New Testament … for the law of this land, I am no less confident, that no learned lawyer will affirm that an impeachment can lie against the King, they all going in his name: and one of their maxims is, that the King can do no wrong

3 Likes

That’s easy! He knows the Bible and can speak in full, complex sentences…so obviously it’s not Trump.

6 Likes

On the one hand, the story’s source may not be entirely unbiased. On the other… this sounds exactly like Trump:

The president, already bristling about his missteps, was getting angry. He chided the crew, accusing them of distracting him. “You know, your paper was making a lot of noise. It’s tough enough,” Trump said.

“Every time he stumbled, he manufactured something to blame people,” another person in the room recalled. “He never said, ‘Sorry, I’m messing this up.’ [Other] people would screw up and say, ‘Ohhhh, I’m sorry.’ They would be self-effacing. He was making up excuses and saying there were distracting sounds.… He was definitely blaming everyone for his inability to get through it. That was prickly, or childish.”

5 Likes

For bible justifications for his infallibility, Trump turned to Jeff Sessions.

4 Likes

Some interesting 3rd-party defenses of Trump.

45%20PM

from https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-each-senator-is-likely-to-weigh-removing-trump/

from http://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/the-impeachment-process.html#comments

2 Likes

But no concern for the actual coup? The one both actively and passively helping our historical enemy to conquer us?

And I love the claim that Trump, who reads NOTHING, somehow has spent time reading every phone call and meeting transcript from Biden’s 8 years as VP. Yeah, sure, pull the other leg now.

7 Likes

The thing that gets me about the people defending Trump’s actions is, if Trump wants an investigation of an American citizen over potential corruption, even if it happened abroad… Trump is literally in charge of the American organizations to investigate that. There is absolutely zero reason to have a clandestine phone conversation with the leader of another country to have them publicly announce an investigation, aside from the obvious political character assassination. If the President of the United States were acting on an actual legal concern, things never would have happened this way.

7 Likes

Mitch’s bitch snuggles in.

3 Likes
2 Likes

How the heck is someone supposed to prove that nothing will happen to keep them in the US for a period of time? Like being arrested for being non-white???

And if “developing” can be considered to be going in a negative rather than a positive direction, then I can certainly claim the US is a developing nation.

4 Likes

Find out why Rex Tillerson called Trump “a f#$&@§£ moron.”

1 Like

Thanks, but there’s been quite a large harvest of reasons lately, and no one’s buying, and the price of them has tanked, and, well… just can’t make any profit off them these days.

3 Likes

Developing nation? Well, I suppose if that’s a euphism for third-world country…

5 Likes