Our Felonious Ex-President

Yes please. See: episode 7 of Mrs. America for possible outcomes.

1 Like

I will relate this story once again. When David Duke was running for Governor of Louisiana, the college news talk show I helped videotape invited him on as a guest. The 3 other guests refused to give him a forum and refused to go on air with him. That’s right. 3 politicians gave up air time because they saw that he was dangerous. They saw that he had a skill to twist words and excite people. They saw the only way to stop him was to not give him a forum at all.

Zuckerberg need to realize that free speech and hate speech are not the same thing. We do not owe Trump a platform.

9 Likes

This is who the GOP are…

Microdosing will not stop them from being murderers.

5 Likes
10 Likes

I know - I’ve watched this. They’ve no compassion for anyone other than their own.

3 Likes

I guess even Twitter has its limits.

5 Likes

This would be fairly easy to fix but would require a functional US government, and therein lies the problem.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Since the conflict between Trump and “Big Tech” has officially moved beyond bluster and into legal action, let me close with a modest proposal. Social media companies have coddled Trump long enough. Twitter especially has granted him far more leeway than it grants any other user. If Twitter applied the same rules that it applies to other users, he would have been forced to delete multiple tweets or face the suspension of his account.
[…]
Trump is massing the power of the executive branch of government in a direct attack on American liberty. American citizens who build and operate their own companies should draw the line in the sand. Twitter (and every other social media company) should not only challenge unconstitutional regulations, it should tell Trump his special privileges are over.

To them, he shouldn’t be President Trump. Instead, he should be Donald Trump, and Donald Trump has to comply with the terms of service. Dancing around the bully hasn’t placated the bully

7 Likes
4 Likes

He certainly has a wretched font of vile verbiage from which to sample. Did he learn all this at Harvard, or was this an extracurricular pursuit?

Headley was head of the police force for 20 years and referred to his “get tough” policy on crime during a 1967 news conference as a war on “young hoodlums, from 15 to 21, who have taken advantage of the civil rights campaign. … We don’t mind being accused of police brutality.”

In 1967, Miami police Chief Walter Headley used the phrase “when the looting starts, the shooting starts” during hearings about crime in the Florida city, invoking angry reactions from civil rights leaders, according to a news report at the time.

4 Likes
8 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

James Martin, a Jesuit priest and consultant to the Vatican’s communications department, tweeted: “Let me be clear. This is revolting. The Bible is not a prop. A church is not a photo op. Religion is not a political tool. God is not your plaything.”

7 Likes

“The land was stolen from native people, genocide was committed against the native people, and ancestors were stolen from Africa and brought here to work,” he said.

"So the foundation of the United States of America is genocide, stealing land and slavery.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Okay, very well-put, but did he just figure that out?

I’m 99.99999 percent convinced that the reason there is so much unrest in this world that the blood of innocent lives shed upon the land - any land, anywhere, for whatever reason or excuse - automatically causes said land to be cursed with more bloodshed.

1 Like

I don’t suppose so. I guess it seemed like an appropriate time to restate it.

2 Likes

Available here

3 Likes