Our Felonious Ex-President

Officers used neck restraints on 428 people since 2012, and 14% lost consciousness, the data showed. That means the procedure, which is restricted or banned in many large police departments around the country, was used an average of about once a week in the city over that time period.

The most common incident that preceded someone being placed in a neck restraint was a report of a “suspicious person,” which accounted for 83 of the 428 cases.

And the most common type of “resistance” by a subject that led to officers placing them in a neck restraint was that they “tensed” – the description used for 162 of the cases. Those explanations come from officers’ own reports about the incidents.

Nearly half of people who lost consciousness in neck restraints were injured, according to the data. The reports don’t specify how serious those injuries are.

5 Likes

So, brutalizing people for stress responses…?

4 Likes

I’m glad he didn’t let the sun set without doing something selfish.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I’m glad Reich is finally out of his coma.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s really gonna improve the rest of the world’s view of the situation.

5 Likes

Too bad he thinks increasing the violence is what “strong leadership” means.

5 Likes

Which, oh-so-surprisingly, causes everyone after that to have stress responses when faced with LEOs.

3 Likes

This is such a weird story. Although it might be nice if the police transmitted their MSDS paperwork on time so that our medics could be prepared.

2 Likes

Mr Trump told Fox News radio he went down during the day for a “tiny period of time” for an “inspection”.

1 Like

“Inspection?” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

HE WAS STUNNED! Like the Norweigan Blue, y’know?

This. Fucking cowardly, gutless, prickless wonders. NOVEMBER.

3 Likes

And I’m sure the back side of the vault door got a very close inspection! And he made sure the lock works right, of course! :grin:

4 Likes

6 Likes
1 Like

Somewhat related:

1 Like

Sounds more like he was stating the obvious.

1 Like

Sounds to me like wishful thinking on his part.

2 Likes

Maybe some quick-thinking member of the Secret Service thought telling him that that was the best way to get the toddler-in-chief to go there rather than staying out and “leading” making things worse?

4 Likes

He needs to conduct a detailed inspection of every nook and cranny of the grounds, amenities, and bunker of Camp David. Preferably under a communications blackout.

3 Likes