Our Felonious Ex-President

Outraged Twitter rant at a children’s toy company in 3… 2… 1…

5 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Brick-Warfare-Rifleman-Minifigure/dp/B00HI5ULZE

I didn’t realize there was an ultra-violent Lego modding community. But I guess I should have assumed there was.

3 Likes

In rare public comments, Mr Mattis said the president had sought to “divide” the American people and had failed to provide “mature leadership”.

He said he was “angry and appalled” by Mr Trump’s handling of recent unrest.

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people - does not even pretend to try,” Mr Mattis wrote in The Atlantic. “Instead, he tries to divide us.”

He continued: “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership.”

Mr Mattis also addressed the recent wave of anti-racism protests that were triggered by the death of African-American George Floyd in police custody earlier this month.

“We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers,” Mr Mattis wrote. “The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values… as a nation.”

“Never did I dream that troops… would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens,” he said.

In response to the fresh criticism, Mr Trump posted a series of tweets in which he claimed to have fired Mr Mattis.

“I didn’t like his “leadership” style or much else about him, and many others agree,” he wrote. “Glad he is gone!”

Mr Mattis resigned in 2018 after Mr Trump decided to withdraw US troops from Syria.

2 Likes
6 Likes

That kid’s vocabulary is fine, he just needs to work on his lettering.

2 Likes

I can’t watch her or listen to her. She’s like an Ivanka clone…which scares me. We’ve not really heard from the family of the POTUS.

2 Likes

From “Murder in the Cathedral” by T. S. Eliot, which I never even knew he wrote (really, it sounds like AC doesn’t it?), and don’t know really anything about; except it was featured in a parody, by Buzz Aldrin and the Mercury 3 Theatre, on SCTV, which I’m watching now, and that’s what this is from:

"Thomas:

Unbar the doors! Throw open the doors!
I will not have the house of prayer, the church of Christ,
The sanctuary, turned into a fortress.
The Church shall protect her own, in her own way, not
As oak and stone; stone and oak decay,
Give no stay, but the Church shall endure.
The church shall be open, even to our enemies. Open the door!"

3 Likes
3 Likes

All-new security fencing.

And it’s painted black, just like the border wall.

3 Likes

5 years ago, in happier times, with a proper president.

this is in front of the equestrian statue-- the bleaker image was taken with a telephoto lens, which compresses the distance.

3 Likes

I was in DC a few years ago and we went to see the white house. This is fucked., but entirely unsurprising. There is no justice.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Mayor Bowser renames a street leading to the white house Black Lives Matter Plaza.
blm dc leaders were unimpressed, saying she should defund the police instead

4 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

Huh . . . what? What does the economy have to do with Floyd’s murder?

5 Likes

Dementia.

7 Likes

He’s just too smart for you. He knows which way the wind blows. Here is an actual picture of Trump delivering that speech:

3 Likes

Wrong question. The “right” question is, in how many ways can Trump pat himself on the back with Floyd’s murder.

4 Likes
7 Likes