Our Felonious Ex-President

1 Like

There’s absolutely no way that’d make it through even the right-leaning supreme court justices, and even hinting that way would probably lose most of his support.

His supporters would probably be all for that, but the constitutional problems still make that something that can’t really be done in one fell swoop. And a real attempt at it would probably surface the doctrinal conflicts that U.S. branches of Christianity have been studiously trying to ignore in order to appear like a single group…

3 Likes
1 Like

The U.S. is not Russia.

Much of what Rump’s been blathering about the last few days has been moaning about the slow collapse of the 20th century U.S. police state, including the Comstock era of politically correct right-wing thought police.

2 Likes

a phrase that lends itself quite readily to the vilest propaganda. “Ignore your own lived experience. That’s not real. Instead, believe my conspiracy theory.”

2 Likes

McConnell is already champing at the bit to shove through a new justice. Fricking vultures.

3 Likes

He’s not going to lose his election. But goddamn if I don’t hope something truly awful happens to this dumb, evil motherfucker.

3 Likes

I’m sure he will behave in a fair and honorable way.
There’s a first time for everything.

3 Likes

Lindsey is pretty sure Trump will lose.

4 Likes

If he doesn’t like people “using his words against him” he shouldn’t be such a hypocrite. What a schmuck.

5 Likes

This puts it succinctly: Trumpists are addicts, so don’t expect them to care about the country, they just want their fix.

6 Likes

It heartens me, though, that the campaign signs bearing his and the current VPOTUS’s surnames haven’t been sprouting up like mushrooms since, oh, say, April/May. And they seem to be smaller, especially the flags.

Yeah, it’s like trying to quit any bad-for-ya-but-feels-good-ferawhile habit. I really am glad I got away from TV (lol me with the AS in speech comm. arts - mass media lolololol)

5 Likes

No.

2 Likes

For example:

2 Likes

He signed an executive order that requires contracts to now include a provision that says contractors with the federal government will not have “workplace training that inculcates in its employees any form of race or sex stereotyping or any form of race or sex scapegoating” or face the cancellation of contracts.

“Americans should be taught to take PRIDE in our Great Country, and if you don’t there’s nothing in it for you!” he tweeted.

3 Likes

From comments to a WashPost article:

Arguing with a Trump supporter is like playing chess with a pigeon… No matter how good you are, the bird shits on the board and struts around like it is the champion.

9 Likes
4 Likes

FWIW

2 Likes

I did not know this:

3 Likes
2 Likes