Our Felonious Ex-President

Knowing Trump, and based on that language, he probably just found some old missles that a previous President had mothballed.

6 Likes
3 Likes

It’s funny that Rump’s hero, Putin, made a big splash last year when his performative arms industry tested a nuclear ramjet, like our performative arms industry did back in 1962… with results similar to our tests of the nuclear rocket: burned-up radioactive debris spread all over the landscape. Our ramjet tests didn’t do that, but only because we gave up on the idea before we could melt one of those things like we melted the NERVA.

5 Likes

His measure of “boring” is whether it has more words than a cereal box or a Fox News chyron.

4 Likes

Skybolt was the first thing I thought of, as it’s mentioned in a book by Peg Bracken about trying to figure out something: “They couldn’t figure out Skybolt, either.”

1 Like

I think the Skybolt was a non-reactor test dingus or a mockup for public consumption? I remember seeing it in old X-plane books with no mention of the reactor part of the ramjet. I think they only did static tests of the actual reactor, stuffing air through it in a big building in Idaho to test its operation. Wasn’t there a mention of this in one of these threads back when the Russian test went wrong? I may be mis-remembering.

Renamed (due to the shape of the cloud formation) as Project Mushroom.

No, it’s not named for anything else.

obviously this is a joke

2 Likes

1 Like
7 Likes

Ha! Yesterday I sent him an email telling him to resign – as a former government scientist.

6 Likes

To what extent is Reagan ultimately responsible for this catastrophe?

2 Likes
6 Likes

The budget was allocated to guided missile launchers, missile defense turrets and basic interoperability with 70s navy systems, not in maintaining the information, spares, and refreshing the propellant for the guns.

Plus the need to fire the guns at shit for the optics.

Replacing the turrets with guided missile magazines and a few more launchers would have made the epic missile platform the death-humpers have been trying to get into the navy ever since. Really the things were rust-buckets.

And then they blamed the explosion on a gay love triangle. For the optics. Further maritime disasters and lack of accountability could have been tainted by that.

The GOP and Trump may have thought they stumbled onto an incompetence playbook as a result.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

“Lies from Trump? Shocking!”

4 Likes

That woman very politely stomping on him was impressive.

1 Like

CNN is not playing:

8 Likes

“Teaching this horrible doctrine to our children is a form of child abuse, the truest sense,” Trump said. “For many years now, the radicals have mistaken Americans’ silence for weakness. They’re wrong. There is no more powerful force than a parent’s love for their children. And patriotic moms and dads are going to demand that their children are no longer fed hateful lies about this country.”

2 Likes

So, if he’s so pro-Putin, why ain’t he gotten rid of the churches yet? Or established a state-mandated religion?

(possibly rhetorical but anyone who can 'splain, plz do)

1 Like