Our Felonious Ex-President

I’m sleep deprived, so my brain briefly read that as “ostrichism”. And I am surprised to discover that Merriam-Webster apparently considers that a word, and something we have far to much of right now:

5 Likes
4 Likes

Sometimes, the right response is the most succinct:

7 Likes

I keep saying: if you want an idea of how far the GOP has shifted to the right, it’s the fact that Dan Rather is coming at them from the left.

10 Likes

It is expected to bring more mainstream Trump supporters together with neo-Nazis, far-right militias and conservative commentators, including prominent conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and white nationalist Nicholas Fuentes.

Organisers and right-wing media figures, along with the White House officials, have predicted a huge turnout, but reports suggest that attendance so far is relatively low.

Mr Trump said on Friday he may “try to stop by and say hello”. His motorcade passed the gathering demonstrators on Saturday morning and did a circuit of Freedom Plaza, but carried on to his golf club in Sterling, Virginia. It was unclear if he planned to make a further appearance.

2 Likes

Efforts to protect U.S. elections from disinformation are proceeding amid reports that the head of the agency in the Department of Homeland Security that oversees election security expects to be fired soon by the White House.

2 Likes

As a friend said, “Whew! Our democracy is safe!”

Not sure I agree, but it is funny.

5 Likes

https://www.oed.com/view/Entry/261397

The belief that ostriches engage in this behavior, instead of using their heads to turn their eggs, or even to eat food on the ground dates back at least to Pliny the Elder, who called this bird remarkably stupid.

Such obtuseness was once believed to be rivaled only by that of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal

5 Likes
2 Likes

Moving Goal

Especially problematic, since the signatures are on the outer envelope. The one that gets removed once it’s been verified and accepted, because of the whole “secret ballot” thing.

12 Likes

And one household put their campaign sign supporting him back onto their front lawn. However, the ones with the small billboard on their front lawn had a sign on their north lawn, on the eastbound side of 10 Mile Rd., but it appeared yesterday it was blown down flat.

And the folks further east on 10 Mile - the ones with the upside-down/666 sign of that guy - put a Biden/Harris sign over that sign, lol.

3 Likes

How can such an ignorant man can get to be president? Boggles the mind.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call this bit ignorant, though. Shifting the goalposts around, spreading conspiracy theories and requiring impossible evidence against them, etc, is about the only way he can hold onto his fans.

The real question is, how are so many people so ignorant that they don’t see that this is exactly the same playbook he’s worked from every single time something hasn’t gone his way, and that it’s been bullshit every single time.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Because they believe in all his toxic dogwhistles and actions.

The real question is, how are so many people so ignorant that they don’t see that this is exactly the same playbook he’s worked from every single time something hasn’t gone his way , and that it’s been bullshit every single time .

4 Likes

From November 2, 2020 over there. Lots of blinking ads when no ad-blocker is used.

3 Likes

There was a plane flying over Brooklyn today trailing a banner that read:

YOURE FIRED DONALD TAKE THE KIDS & GO AWAY

We can’t link directly to Instagram pictures anymore, but it’s the first picture here:
https://www.instagram.com/Tages_72/

4 Likes

Souds like it hasn’t changed since 2016…

And, oh my god, was that really four years ago? I thought it just felt like a long time ago because of how many years 2020 has been going for.

6 Likes

I thought he was Irish?

Not sure which you mean… Tennant was born in Scotland, and Trump’s mother came from Scotland.

But, Irish, Scottish, it’s not like it really matters, right?

Oh, my Irish ancestry is rolling in their graves now…