Our Felonious Ex-President

There’s been an arrest for this.

The leader of the Proud Boys, the far-right group that has vocally supported President Trump’s efforts to overturn the election results, was arrested on Monday on charges of destruction of property after he arrived in Washington to protest the congressional certification of the election later this week, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Enrique Tarrio, the chairman of the Proud Boys, was arrested by Metropolitan Police on suspicion of burning a Black Lives Matter banner torn from a historic Black church in Washington during protests last month that led to several violent clashes, including stabbings, around the city.

He flat-out said on social media that he did it and that he would plead guilty to any charges for it. Guess we’ll see…

6 Likes

Seth Meyers trying to laugh through the exasperated tears:

2 Likes

get outta my head, LOL!

I was jonesing for two whole weeks!

2 Likes

I have nothing but time on my hands, so keeping up on what’s going on in the country is pretty much what I do now; though I’m trying to keep it at a minimum so I don’t get too anxious, knowatiemeen?

2 Likes

Sweet Jumpin’ Christ on a pogo-stick, I hope this shit gets undone post-haste!
https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2021-01-05/trump-administration-scales-back-wild-bird-protections

4 Likes

IMNSHO, the T**** Administration has done to the US what the US has done to other countries, such as those in Central America and East Asia. Think about it - voting rights being suspended, a tinhorn dictator supported by a base of folks who think that male supremacy and violence is the only way to stay in power, threats of harm to any person or persons who opposes the regime…sound familar?

5 Likes

Well observed. We’ll stop doing it there, though, only when we stop the voter suppression and associated ratfucking here. It’s not like those techniques of minority control haven’t been in use in Europe, the former Soviet Union, etc. without being directed by the CIA.

I have no time for upper class idiots like Jimmy Dore trying to both-sides us into making no progress.

3 Likes
2 Likes

It’s bad when they even want to hide from public broadcasting.

5 Likes

Are you kidding? Every Grumbling Old Pissant POTUS has tried to eliminate funding for public-broadcasting networks at least since Reagan.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Sure, but I feel like actively denying press credentials to them for an election event is a whole new low they’ve sunk to. Though I could be wrong, may have happened before, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a first under Mr. King of Fake News.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think even Tricky Dick was that low.

I can’t believe I even TYPED that.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Wow.

In any other situation, I’d probably be screaming “you idiot! Stop talking!!!”. But in this case, I think it’s more “you idiot! Keep talking!!!

5 Likes

And whatever you do, don’t vote!!!

1 Like

"He’s come to terms with the election results,” said one of the three people. “He accepts them, but he doesn’t believe them.”

Wait…I thought that acceptance is the first step to possible belief…or something like that. I mean, if one doesn’t believe something happened, how can one accept that it happened?

3 Likes

He gave/is giving it to Jim Jordan (R-OH) as well.

2 Likes
3 Likes

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes