Our Felonious Ex-President

It better be a cunning plan.

2 Likes

I’m very fond of the idea of renaming this thread our so-called EX-president.

And of creating one for our duly elected (the votes have been counted a lot) presiding Biden.

9 Likes

a: Wow.

b: …that throws a bit of a wrench into the reportedly-planned upcoming offensive trying to claim all the major tech companies are just out to get him and coordinating it all between them.

5 Likes

Both of these The Daily Podcast episodes from the NYTimes were helpful in understanding the events in different ways.

A breakdown of the planning and online intelligence

A first person narrative account from 3 people on the scene

Probably the best explanation I have seen of the reason cops were so unprepared is that so many of them were caught up in the Q theories snd Fox rabbit hole that they sympathized with the conspirators and underplayed the threat.

I liked Schwarzenegger’s video. Thought it was well done and thoughtfully planned to play to several different audiences.

4 Likes

You know the PGA. A bunch of Commie Libtards.

3 Likes

I hesitate at the title of “security researchers” on this since this is basically a mass-doxxing of the platform’s users. Toothpaste’s out of the tube now, though.

Some so-called “patriots” are probably going to be sweating bullets over this. I’d think the leak itself can’t be used for evidence purposes, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it could be used for agencies to demand some of the original data directly from Parler.

6 Likes

Cumulus Media, which employs some of the most popular right-leaning talk-radio hosts in the United States, has told its on-air personalities to stop suggesting that the election was stolen from President Trump — or else face termination.

“We need to help induce national calm NOW,” Brian Philips, executive vice president of content for Cumulus, wrote in an internal memo, which was first reported by Inside Music Media. Cumulus and its program syndication arm, Westwood One, “will not tolerate any suggestion that the election has not ended. The election has been resolved and there are no alternate acceptable ‘paths.’ ”

The memo adds: “If you transgress this policy, you can expect to separate from the company immediately.”

Would have been nice for these guys to get cold feet before they helped trigger an attack on the government. And, it doesn’t look like their stars are listening:

On his syndicated radio program on Thursday, a day after Cumulus sent its memo and Trump supporters breached the Capitol, Levin didn’t seem to be backing off. “It appears nothing has changed in 24 hours,” he said on the air. “Not a damn thing. The never-Trumpers, the RINOs, the media — same damn thing.”

He went on to add: “I’m not stirring up a damn thing. Everything I say is based on principle and mission. Everything is based on liberty, family, faith, the Constitution. … My enemies and my critics can’t say the same.”

4 Likes

Let’s hope the company follows through.

1 Like

Thread from a Jewish historian:

6 Likes

Definitely can’t argue. Though, I like even less the comparisons to Kristallnacht being made for the ongoing list of online services that are dropping people who were involved in the attempt.

4 Likes

Brief twitter thread here with a lawyer skimming over it and hitting the highlights. TLDR version: it sounds like it’s put together about as well as the Trump election lawsuits. Quell surprise.

8 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

Wow. Just…wow.

2 Likes
2 Likes

That’s a start. Maybe not donating to Republicans ever would be more helpful, though.

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Have the Mercers been running out of money? The ability to clog up the legal battles against the caste-system… it doesn’t work if filings get tossed quickly.

1 Like