Our Felonious Ex-President

Thank you. That tune has been going through my head for so many days due to various tweets alluding to it. An earworm’s bad enough, but one where you haven’t even heard the tune in forever…

3 Likes

Belichick, of the New England Patriots, said he was flattered when he was first offered the medal - the top award given to civilians in the US.

But he said he changed his mind after a mob of Trump supporters stormed Congress last week. Five people died.

The celebrated coach had previously spoken of his friendship with Mr Trump.

Up until last week everything Trump did was pretty cool,

6 Likes

I have heard the theory, which would of course require us to believe that finally, FINALLY, they were making strategic moves, that it makes sense to charge these guys with misdemeanors and hold them until after January 20th, after which they could no longer be pardoned by Trump and thus the full range of charges could be filed.

6 Likes

Oh geez, you just said that too! I can’t remember where I first read it, but I agree with you.

4 Likes
3 Likes

The Presidential Medal of Freedom recognises individuals who have made outstanding contributions to “the security or national interests of America”.

In 2019 Mr Trump gave the award to golfer Tiger Woods, as well as radio personality Rush Limbaugh and posthumously Elvis Presley.

So, either outstanding contributions to the security or national interests of America, or just happening to be on whatever TV channel the bored president randomly flips to?

4 Likes

If true: is there a German word for not surprising, but still, holy fuck?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Well the washington post says that he was too busy watching TV to do anything about the capitol hill riot. (If he even cared to do so)

3 Likes
8 Likes

Rebekah invested in Parler and helped to found it.

3 Likes

Was Ginny Thomas involved as well? I remember that was early knowledge.

1 Like

Dunno.

Yep. Not surprised in the least.

2 Likes

Ah, I was waiting for this fucker to be arrested:

5 Likes

8 Likes

First president to be impeached twice.

Also apparently the most bipartisan vote supporting impeachment ever.

So much winning.

9 Likes

If he’s not taken to trial, though, and convicted…

5 Likes
11 Likes