Our Felonious Ex-President

Well that’s just not cricket!

4 Likes

And rightly so. Too soon, you monster.

I’m probably making a mistake using a link to that site, but for now it’s safe

2 Likes

And “hat trick” - isn’t that hockey?

5 Likes

When it comes to sports metaphors, I think Trump is largely guilty of double-dribbling.

5 Likes

5 Likes

It’s taking three wickets in cricket with successive balls.
Uncommon.

6 Likes

The parallels to the Roman Empire are getting closer by the day, it seems.

Less gay sex.

Then again, I don’t want to intrude on Mike Pence’s private life.

That’s a big difference between him and me.

4 Likes

A citation is definitely needed for that.

3 Likes

More gay sex?

Only Mike Pence knows for sure.

I just read about Trump throwing paper towels at a crowd in Puerto Rico and for some reason it’s bothering me more than even the other nasty crap he gets up to. He threw bags of rice too but… paper towels. To mop up the hurricane floods I suppose?

It wasn’t even in the hardest-hit part of the island either.

I’m amazed no-one risked arrest and threw them back.

7 Likes
3 Likes

It’s like he calculates the optimally most absurd, inappropriate and insulting things to do or say for any situation.

12 Likes
8 Likes

Bush II had those utterly cringeworthy photo ops - Mission Accomplished and the fake turkey. Looking around, there seems to be a definite correlation between completely wrong notes and right wing pols - Duterte, Trump, Bush II, the idiot in Australia whose name escapes me, Berlusconi, and our own unlovely Boris Johnson.
Personally I think it’s because to be right wing you need a degree of sociopathy and the rest follows.

6 Likes

In ice hockey it’s three goals in one game by one player. Also fairly uncommon.

“Gordie Howe hat trick,” however, is a goal, an assist and a fist fight in one game by one player. Caveat being said play must instigate the fisticuffs.

7 Likes
10 Likes

According to Wikipedia cricket predates ice hockey, but I guess playing cricket in Canada in the winter might present difficulties. Though I did once umpire in a match where it snowed (in April, in London) and of course everybody pretended that nothing unusual was happening until teatime, when the match was abandoned.

5 Likes

It’s still possible he’s been Andy Kaufman in a fat suit this whole time.

8 Likes

The entry in h2g2.com is currently offline. Sadly, it returns a 520 (unknown error) and not, of course, the correct 418 (I’m a teapot).

You can however get the CSFW version at

http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Krikkit

3 Likes