Our Felonious Ex-President

1 Like

Whoa. Peter Meijer (R-MI), of the Meijer big-box-store family, voted to impeach? I missed that.

Yeah, it’s not a great movie, but it does have some moments. As visual eye candy, it’s very nice. The scenery has amazing detail and it’s beautifully shot. And Orlando Bloom Jones steals every scene he is in as Vox, the NY Public Library information database.

(Edit: Brain fart. Orlando Jones, not Bloom, though Bloom is a different kind of eye candy.)

2 Likes

Talking about this, right?

:wink:

4 Likes

When I see or hear “Bloom”, I think flowers, or this:

3 Likes

I am working very hard to resist sidetracking things further by replying along the lines of “no, that would be mouth candy, surely what’s meant is…” and something else completely wrong. :smiley:

3 Likes

And to make up for my sidetrack, something a bit more on topic:

And, unrelated:

The direction came in an opinion released Friday by the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel, which provides legal advice to the executive branch.

“The Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee has invoked sufficient reasons for requesting the former President’s tax information.” Under the department’s interpretation of federal law, according to the opinion, “Treasury must furnish the information to the Committee.”

6 Likes
2 Likes

“ - P: ‘Don’t expect you to do that, just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen.’” (pp. 4-5).

Is he counting on their support because party before country, party before planet, party before common sense…

or because he’s brought some of them in on this conspiracy?

3 Likes

All of the above.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Apparently it’s all downhill from there…

The social network — started a month ago by members of former President Donald Trump’s inner circle — features reams of jihadi-related material, including graphic videos of beheadings, viral memes that promote violence against the West and even memes of a militant executing Trump in an orange jumpsuit similar to those used in Guantanamo Bay.

The rapid proliferation of such material is placing GETTR in the awkward position of providing a safe haven for jihadi extremists online as it attempts to establish itself as a free speech MAGA-alternative to sites like Facebook and Twitter.

And Jason Miller’s response to this is… to fling high-school-level insults at ISIS. Ooooh, that’ll show 'em.

6 Likes

Extremists of a feather…?

3 Likes

That would be so right.

2 Likes

Wow, don’t hold back, let 'em know how you really feel.

8 Likes

Wow.

3 Likes

Joe Arpaio is crying a manly tear over the shameful wokeness of his once proud county.
“I guess I just didn’t kick enough butts.”

4 Likes
4 Likes

Wasn’t he convicted and imprisoned?

Edit: ah, never mind, Wikipedia tells me he was pardoned by Trump, of course.

7 Likes