Our Felonious Ex-President

When I was about 21 I had this moment where I realized that I was projecting. I was really sad and upset, and I kept looking over at this other girl who actually had people supporting her and I was so concerned about her. It struck me at that moment that I was the person who was lonely and unsupported, not her, and that I was projecting my emotions onto her. It was the absurdity of me being worried about her when she was clearly doing okay that made me see it. I think if it hadn’t been such an extreme situation emotionally I would have never seen it. I think projection is a coping tool that is really hard to see when you are inside of it, especially if you don’t have the emotional skills to self-reflect.

6 Likes

Or is it a deliberate tactic?

2 Likes
6 Likes

Levin Report: Trump Classified Documents Ruling Is Shady As Fuck, Says Basically Everyone With a Law Degree
https://link.vanityfair.com/view/617af241112b25773a0cc41bh8wk9.1ldl/437b8447

1 Like
4 Likes

But he has a mask…lololololol!

1 Like
5 Likes
5 Likes

At a hearing held in June by the House select committee investigating Jan. 6, Representative Zoe Lofgren, Democrat of California, laid out the panel’s account of how Save America PAC and Mr. Trump’s campaign raised $250 million after the election by claiming they were fighting widespread fraud when they knew there was none.

“Throughout the committee’s investigation, we found evidence that the Trump campaign and its surrogates misled donors as to where their funds would go and what they would be used for. So not only was there the big lie, there was the big rip-off,” Ms. Lofgren said. “Donors deserve to know where their funds are really going. They deserve better than what President Trump and his team did.”

6 Likes

And I’m going to be petty about the caption below the lead-in photo, which has his surname run into the preposition, so it reads, “Giulianion”. WTF, are these things not worth proofing?

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

2 Likes
3 Likes

Walled Lake is a conservative community. I had a serious relationship with a man who lived there. It’s also very pretty. It’s not isolated, either.

I’ve been waiting for something like that to happen in Warren. So far, so good.

I also wonder about my extended family, both sides, when it comes to this sort of thing. The Gothro side seems to be a bit more GOP-leaning than I would like.

4 Likes
4 Likes

How awful.

It’s amazing how people can believe crazy things. There’s two guys I used to be friends with; both conservative but originally not loony. One got worse and worse and then, when I happened to mention Rachel Carson who jump-started the ecological movement, he angrily said that because of her millions of deaths by malaria in Africa were caused by the US prohibition of DDT. And he’s only had two COVID vaccines so far, because they were oversold. And he’s not a conspiracy theorist! :roll_eyes:

The other guy was always saying stupid things, such as eliminating voting sites is OK because if people can’t take the trouble to go to a voting site miles away then they don’t deserve to vote. When he said only US communists were at fault for delaying our involvement in WWII I gave up.

Idiots.

6 Likes

As the Boomers get into their senior years, these are typical psychological effects:

Psychological changes

• Personality changes
  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Inappropriate behavior
  • Paranoia
  • Agitation
  • Hallucinations
    (citation: Mayo Clinic)

Trump and Fox News play right into their psychological problems.

5 Likes