Our Felonious Ex-President

He’s… just straight confessing to crimes now. :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

“In cartons?”

“Like eggs.”

3 Likes
7 Likes

Of course we have to pay attention to this news story because Trump has deeply compromised our intelligence gathering operations, but I am just so done with having to pay attention to this guy. He is like the fucking Kardashians. Even if you don’t want to know anything about him, he’s great at keeping his ugly face in the news. I am so tired of him.

7 Likes

Feast your eyes upon the pleading below, filed by a Mr. Raj K. Patel this week in Trump v. United States, in which the former president is challenging (or at least complaining about) the DOJ’s recent search of Mar-a-Lago. A group of former federal and state officials have asked for leave to file an amicus brief, but Patel is asking to intervene, which would make him an actual party. That is, he asked to intervene on August 26, saying that because he is interested in becoming president, he therefore has an interest in defending the right to assert executive privilege (which the ex-president is also asserting), so that he’ll have it when he is elected.

One thing I do recommend, though, is that any lawyer who files a document should be sure to list every title he or she has ever held in the signature block, as Patel has done. I have not confirmed that he was, in fact, president of the student body at Emory University and at Brownsburg High School before that, but I’m willing to take his word for it. Especially since, as you can see from the image above, taken from the signature page, Patel seems to have had a special seal made that includes both his presidential titles, cites the U.S. Constitution in support, and suggests that he wishes to be referred to as “The Excellent.”

He better have that trademarked, because otherwise I’m stealing it.

6 Likes

3 Likes

A federal jury in New York previously rejected Webster’s argument that he had been acting in self-defence when he swung a metal flagpole at an officer and tackled another to the ground, holding him in a chokehold.

In pre-sentencing documents, the Marine Corps veteran disavowed former President Donald Trump’s claims that the 2020 election was stolen and included a letter of reference from a friend who blamed the Republican politician’s “despicable lies” for inducing Webster’s conduct.

What a wimp.

4 Likes

I went to school with people I have a feeling turned out like that (shudder).

4 Likes

This is what gets me; I first really saw it when that now-notorious photo of the middle-aged couple wearing “Fuck Your Feelings” t-shirts was published. Because it’s okay with one rich East Coast, business-school graduate (?) asshole who is famous basically for being a rich asshole.

5 Likes

I’m not sure I agree with this. Certainly the orange menace made it a lot worse, but I think a virulent strain of extra meanness has been running through the republican party for a lot longer than that.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Quick call to Putin should get the contents back.

2 Likes

Yeah, but they weren’t so crude/vulgar about it, at least not in public.

1 Like

“Dozens” sounds so much less hair raising than “almost 50 empty folders marked for classified information”.

Also, they say 43, but I’ve seen counts of 48. I think 43 was just the largest group.

3 Likes

Freeman and Kutti met at the Cobb County Police Department, where Kutti told Freeman that “freedom and the freedom of one or more of your family members” would be disrupted if Freeman declined her assistance. Kutti said Freeman was “a loose end for a party that needs to tidy up,” according to Willis.

The meeting was captured in part by a body camera, Willis said.

3 Likes
8 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Donald Trump has called President Joe Biden an “enemy of the state” at his first rally since the FBI searched his Florida resort for sensitive files.

Mr Trump, 76, spent the first part of his nearly two-hour speech criticising the FBI search early last month.

2 Likes

I can’t get over the projectionism (is that the word for it?) of the Republican Party of today. Everything they accuse the Democrats of, they themselves are doing. It is soooo junior-high.

6 Likes