Our Felonious Ex-President

I am also bothered by $1,000 bucks or $1,000 dollars. It’s just a redundancy issue. It’s not changing the meaning, it’s just noise.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, I think it might be coming apart as they feed on each other.

6 Likes

I hate the whole “currency before quantity” shit. It’s just money: 1 k$.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Ye gods.

This actually means, if reported accurately, that SNL’s sketches of Conway trying not to throw up when they found out they’d won are about right.

It also makes the GOP and the 1%ers who bankroll it out to be even more of a hot mess.

10 Likes

This is like when he approached John Kasich about being his vice president. As VP, he would only be responsible for two areas: foreign policy and domestic policy.

11 Likes

And, since it pretty much sums up one of my first thoughts…

8 Likes

It confirmed what we all thought: he had no plans to be President and is totally incompetent. The people around him are awful and think they can manipulate him to their advantage but he’s too egotistical to allow himself to be manipulated and too narcissistic to follow anyone’s advice. He should be impeached but is too self absorbed to step down for the sake of the country. We are now in a full blown oligarchy without even the flimsiest pretense of democracy and with special interests lined up at the trough, it’s unlikely the people will regain control of the government again. The damage he has inflicted on our institutions through the firing and hiring of key employees will affect us long after he leaves office.

11 Likes

Which is what motivated this post last year:

6 Likes

Although the Third Reich only lasted 11 years, the problem this time is which large democratic country might come to the rescue. And there isn’t one likely to be in a position to do so.

[edited for clarity, I hope]

5 Likes

Sure, but to @ChickieD’s point, it’s not like the Germans made the surrender to end the war formal and then everything was fine. As with all the other countries which served as battlegrounds, it took years to recover – a process which is still underway. Just look at how entrenched fascist=German is in dialogue, even though even back in the 30s the Allies had their own fascist movements.

Those 11 years echo down even to today.

7 Likes

I was actually agreeing with @ChickieD, saying that the circumstances which permitted the emergence of modern Germany are unlikely to appear for the US. German fascism would probably not have ended without the US, or would have ended with the Soviet Union as the dominant world power. But when the fascism is in the leading Imperial State and no other State is in a position to do anything about it - China is a very long way away - there is really nothing to stop it other than internal fighting.

I have edited my post for clarity of meaning.

6 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes
18 Likes
12 Likes

LOL.

11 Likes

It’s epic. Trump is advertising for them with his lawsuit.

15 Likes

Turnip’s go-to move seems to be “own goal”. Heh.

7 Likes