Our Felonious Ex-President

Omigod this man is like a walking parody

5 Likes

A good start would be “let’s talk about why they are in a bad way in the first place. Now, let’s compare Haiti, El Salvador and a few other countries in that part of the world to Cuba, and let’s see what the common factors are.”

6 Likes

You know, even P J O’Rourke had to admit the US’s career diplomats are pretty good. It’s the political appointees and the CIA that let the side down.

5 Likes

12 Likes

I think I should send an email to Canada’s Minister of Immigration, Citizenship, and Refugees, to ask “Why are we having all these people from such a shithole country [the U.S.] coming here?”

We should get more people from countries like Haiti, and El Salvador, and African countries.

9 Likes

I lived in Hawaii in the midsixties. We had drills (i.e., sirens going off) once a month for both tsunami warnings and nuclear attack warnings. I just can’t imagine the terror of getting a false “attack imminent, seek shelter” warning after that experience. I put this here 1) because of turnip’s escalation of hostilities w/N.Korea making it SO believable; 2) due to not knowing whether it was an honest mistake or a(nother) deliberate attempt at trying to obfuscate the shithole comment (or Mueller, or whatever); and 3) an attempt to create international tension in general to get people to agree to cuts in social programs for increased military spending (now that the rich have been taken care of). If we now see movement in “we need to pay for missile defense” we’ll know it was the latter.

10 Likes
6 Likes

Yep. At least they have a decent work ethic

1 Like

16 Likes
7 Likes

There is not enough ‘facepalm’ in the world to express my sentiments right now…

3 Likes

It’s OK, to talk direct to the Kremlin you have to say “Алекса, Я хочу поговорить с Кремлем”. The kids won’t manage that by accident.

4 Likes

So, that’s where the WaPo has been getting all of its leaks from!

4 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2018/01/14/trump-says-im-not-a-racist-and-denies-shithole-countries-remark/?utm_term=.0f935623648d

8 Likes

I actually feel like that is outright treason.

3 Likes

Bezos may be an evil capitalist but if he gets rid of Trump I will have the same soft spot for him that I do for Krushchev, and for a similar reason.

6 Likes

Not directly Trump, but…

Wow, that takes some solid brass ones.

16 Likes

In other news:

• Stop politicizing President’s Day. It’s about loyalty to the Head of State, not about criticising the current President in any way.
  • Stop politicizing Memorial Day. It’s about remembering fallen soldiers, not about questioning whether the war they died in needed to be fought in the first place.
  • Stop politicizing Independence Day. It’s about patriotism, not about reflecting on whether the conditions that caused the War for Independence are reasserting themselves today.
  • Stop politicizing Labor Day. It’s about celebrating the hardworking spirit of the American people, not about improving working conditions in any way or about allowing those workers to organize.
  • Stop politicizing Veteran’s Day. It’s about saluting those who have fought for their country, not whether they should be provided with health care or employment.
  • Stop politicizing Thanksgiving. It’s about being thankful for what we have, in the same spirit that Native Americans welcomed the European settlers, not about questioning yet another violation of the treaties between the US government and their own.

I mean, really! Why do you need to bring politics into these days that are about issues that have nothing to do with politics?

15 Likes

And stop all those wacky religious types who periodically try to politicise Christmas by drawing attention to the plight of the poor and hungry instead of worshipping capitalism. Are you suggesting Jesus was some sort of Commie?

7 Likes

Don’t I wish. Our War On Christmas is fought between the capitalism worshippers and those who want a theocracy. Doing good in the world, and giving gifts to the poor like St. Nicholas did, doesn’t even enter into the equation.

5 Likes