Our Felonious Ex-President

7 Likes

4 Likes

Ah, the F-52. The crown jewel of the Potemkin Air Force.

8 Likes

Ye are not the first to pass this vay…

3 Likes

Didn’t you know? The F-52 is years late, massively over-budget and so heavy that the Potyomkin would need a complete refit with nuclear power to drive the electric catapults. Only nobody has told the public yet because it’s still in the secret list.
Trump has just given away classified material again.

4 Likes

You suddenly reminded me of MacBird:

“When shall we three meet again
In riot, strike or stopping train?”

Unfortunately I’ve lost my copy, but I really hope someone is even now writing the MacDonald version. There is just so much material.
At the time a lot of Americans hated Johnson. Looking back, they had little idea what was coming.

3 Likes

I was surprised that you’d missed what seemed to be an odd autocorrect, so I looked it up to be sure before saying anything.

TIL:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBird!

2 Likes

corrected, i was obviously having an e. e. cummings moment.

The Wikipedia article doesn’t include the text of which I was reminded, so I didn’t cite it.

1 Like

But I’d never heard of MacBird! at all, so it was educational to me to learn of its existence.

1 Like

It was a big thing at the time - we thought about doing it at school but the Head was a little concerned about the language.
That was before, of course, we all went and demonstrated outside the US embassy. The one Obama did not sell, because (a) it was Bush’s plan and (b) the US didn’t own it.
And we stayed out of Vietnam, so something was achieved.

Edit - Nine Elms used to be a rather dodgy area of London, but now house prices are four times the national average. Just the place, one would think, for a property developer to want his embassy. Except that Brexit means that prices may fall rather than rise.
Also, I thought you were referring to my incorrect capitalisation of MacBird the first time round. Macbeth doesn’t have the middle capital, so I went by analogy.

2 Likes

This is getting an incredible amount of media play over here. The guy is a laughingstock, even moreso than Trump, right at the moment anyway. (Sorry about the NY Post link. It’s the best English-language source I can find.)

6 Likes

On behalf of the United States of America

im-so-sorry-gif-8

10 Likes

Hey, I’m still a US citizen. Much as I hate to admit it, I am complicit. :wink:

6 Likes

And the hits just keep on coming!

7 Likes

Big takeaways:

• Trump is blackmailable
  • Michael Cohen, who the Steele dossier pointed to as someone who paid up & covered up for Trump, did in fact pay the blackmail here

Twitter thread I ran across on the subject:

22lceo

8 Likes

God this presidency is surreal. I read the WSJ article - you can read one before you have to subscribe - and it doesn’t say more than the Daily Mail article. The sources they just call “people who know about the matter.”

8 Likes
6 Likes
10 Likes

Seeing and hearing the word “shit” on CNN just did not get old to my inner 10 year old.

11 Likes

You know… media furore aside… it’s a fair question. Someone should have answered it.

2 Likes