Our Felonious Ex-President

The space under the stairs is my daughter’s closet. The futon in the den is available, except that the kids pull the mattress off and drag it into the living room to use as a tv-watching nest in the evening. Not a lot of room here at the moment. There’s a comfy couch in my man-tent but it’s not heated and it’s pretty cold and wet here lately.

5 Likes

Active Directory Domain… that is, she can’t log into to work to cancel travel through the government travel agency.

4 Likes

Ohhhh…

Thank you for explaining.

(They shut the machines down too, not just people? That’s just dumb.)

3 Likes

I’ll manage til I find someplace else.

2 Likes

Being agnostic, I don’t believe in gnostics.

5 Likes

I thought trump also meant fart, in some dialects of British English.

2 Likes

True, but the name is German.

7 Likes

Yeah, if only.

Famous and Influential Donalds I Have Known:

donaldduck

dumb-donald-fat-albert-and-the-cosby-kids-56

sutherland

donald-cubscouttiny

12 Likes

The last one is a cutie, at least!

10 Likes

Hopefully he can screw up this theocratic department the way he screwed up Kansas.

10 Likes

:rofl:

12 Likes
5 Likes

Nancy Spector has to be added to my private list of heroes.

However, I doubt the toilet is 100% 18 carat gold. That’s because the stuff is too soft to withstand regular use, and in fact you cannot make an 18 carat gold faucet or water valve. I know that because I know the company that was asked to do so by a Saudi prince.
There’s also the problem of Trump’s considerable mass. For a suitably bling toilet for the White House I’d go for gold plate over silver copper alloy. Strong, resistant to corrosion, bacteria, fungi and corruption, and easy to recycle when the next occupant comes along.

5 Likes

This is quite an amusing bit of irony in places.

2 Likes

I love that sign!

8 Likes

The Independent tends to be quite good with photos. Apparently since they stopped paper publishing they’ve turned profitable again.

3 Likes

I don’t suppose Trump knows anyting about history, but someone in the White House is following the Stalin "round-up the intelligentsia” playbook.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2018/01/12/sanctuary-activists-say-trump-targeting-them-after-ice-detains-second-immigrant-leader/

5 Likes

Trump may not but I am sure he has people who do.
However, why Stalin? The other major 1930s dictator did exactly the same.
So did Pinochet. So did Franco. It’s just Dictator 101.

I’m not sure if Mussolini did but he wasn’t a dictator in the way that the others were - because when the war went badly the King simply called him in and sacked him. But his fascists had a nasty habit of poisoning members of the intelligentsia they took a dislike to, with tincture of iodine. Not much more pleasant than being killed with polonium. When the Partisans started shooting fascists, it was too good for some of them.

4 Likes

George W. Bush goes off to visit Bill Clinton, and comes back at 3am, shit ass drunk. “Where the hell were you?” Laura asks him immediately when he gets home.

“I was at Bubba’s” he replies. “It’s a wonderful place, you should come with me next time. The doors are made of gold, the floors are made of gold, even the unirals are made of gold!”

So, Laura calls the Clintons and Hillary answers. She asks Hillary, “Was George over by your house this evening?”

“Yes he was.”

“Are your doors really made of gold?”

“Indeed they are.”

“Are your floors made of gold?”

“Well… just the one.”

Then Laura asks the question that’s really been bothering her: “Do you really have golden urinals?”

Hillary puts down the phone and yells: “Hey Bill, guess who pissed in your saxophone again!”

7 Likes