Our Felonious Ex-President

You do.

However, some people have to repeat Grade Two a few (dozen) times.

6 Likes

So the Republicans have investigated themselves and exonerated themselves…

Do they expect anyone else to believe that? Or do they just want enough of their armed supporters to believe that, so that they can fire Mueller, and count on their armed supporters to back them?

See also Wanderfound’s post:

4 Likes

8 Likes

6 Likes

Tillerson was not a good Secretary of State by any measure, but I think even a scumbag Big Oil CEO deserves better than this.

9 Likes

Yeah, but if the Democrats sweep the midterms, it’ll at least be a well-funded war with Iran!

What the fuck, America.

6 Likes

Everyone keeps looking at Trump… Does it really seem probable that he’s the only one they’ve got a ton of kompromat on? That is not how intelligence agencies work, it is definitely not the style of the FSB and Putin is nothing if not FSB.

The GOP and the Democratic Party were both hacked. Right now, it’s just more expedient to leverage the GOP. If this blue wave materialises in the fall, it may not change as much as people hope.

This may sound conspiracy minded, but I think what happened in the UK was absolutely a message: we can get you any time, anywhere, so don’t even think of crossing us.

12 Likes

Laura Benanti as Melania Trump on Colbert is hilarious.

2 Likes

And Tillerson’s out. I can’t believe that any living, breathing creature would still support the DOOFUS (Damned Obscene Ogre Fucking United States). Yet they do!

That scares me. What scares me even more is that when he’s finally exposed - they’ll still support him.

9 Likes

Seriously. I still think it’s part of a longer term process of the culture wars that the right wing started in order to peel off white working class voters from the Democratic party after civil rights. The mainstream of the GOP really has not business being dumbfounded by this whole turn of events, given they’ve spent so much time furiously dog-whistling in racists/sexist/homophobic tune.

But they are taking the whole damn country down with them. Fucking assholes.

Sorry… feeling particularly irritated by all this, not at you of course… the whole stupid situation.

15 Likes

Yep. That sucks so much. And they’re the descendants of the FDR/New-Deal haters.

Oh, trust me, I see nothing to be offended at - I’m wit’ ya all th’ way!

8 Likes

Partially, but I think they also gained a whole new constituency with the civil rights movement - a whole new twist appeared when the Democratic party tried to shed itself of the Jim Crow past. This is why we have this toxic blend of populism and racism in the form of Trump.

Oh, I figured! I just wanted to clarify.

7 Likes

I sometimes wonder if we have made any progress at all on eliminating racism in this country, or has it just been underground all this time. Festering.

6 Likes

I saw this on a truck at the airport today. Trump fans, people.

12 Likes

Pity if someone let the air out of all his tires while it was parked there.

7 Likes

It would be fascinating to see the time-lapse of those being added. I genuinely want to know when the Tinkerbell, Min Pin, Big Foot (with a knife?), and Football stickers were added. Were they there first, and all of the tribal propaganda was added later, were they added afterwards, or some mix in-between?

7 Likes

And in true Trumpster fashion, if you were to point out the fact that this is illegal you’d be called a snowflake or traitor or something.

Those are entirely covering the rear window…how the heck does the driver see the traffic around HIM* properly?

*Yup, total assumption on my part. I doubt I’m wrong.

12 Likes

Also notable is that there isn’t a single Calvin peeing sticker, even though there are four got milk? derivatives.

8 Likes

The hatefulness is what gets me. Compare to lefty “Save the whales” or “My other car is a bicycle”.

Hell, compare to even “I like Ike” or “Au + H2O” (Barry Goldwater).

12 Likes

Anger and hate; that’s all they got. It’s probably inner directed for being such assholes, but they have to project outward to live with themselves.

8 Likes