Our Felonious Ex-President

I remember some “car show” I attended where one guy had gone to great pains to have a Carter-Mondale sticker bumper sticker made for his '79 Whatsitmobile and a Mondale-Ferraro for his '83 Datsumthin

It amused me.

4 Likes

And yet, somehow the idea that “both sides are equally bad” has such traction.

@gadgetgirl, the only bumper sticker I ever liked enough to put on my car said “My Parents Had No Children”. My mother gave it to me. :smiley:

12 Likes

Odd; the most fanatical car enthusiasts are usually firmly against stickers; they ruin paint jobs and depreciate the value of the vehicle even further…

1 Like

I agree. But he proudly had them on his Chrome Plated bumpers.

Only sticker I’ll sport…

13 Likes
3 Likes

Um, yeah… it’s called NASA.

headdesk

7 Likes

Hey, I’d be happy to attend the inaugural launch of Space Force One. Maybe accelerate the launch schedule of the SLS so that Trump can ride on Space Force One on its test flight.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/KatrinaPierson/status/160181303680040960

:astonished:

4 Likes

You’re surprised?

You do remember Steve Bannon, don’t you?

4 Likes

It’s not that I’m surprised that they’re hitting a new low. It’s that I’m surprised there are new lows left for them to hit.

9 Likes

Hey, they haven’t hired David Duke, Richard Spencer, Dylann Roof or Nikolas Cruz yet.

5 Likes

I take it Katrina Pierson doesn’t realise her first and last names have different ethnic backgrounds.

8 Likes

From the comments (yes, I occasionally skim through those, as inadvisable as it may be…)

And then you have Trump, whose (IIRC) mother is Scottish, (current) wife is Slovenian, and grandfather was German…

3 Likes

How so? “Katrina” is a descendent from the Greek “Aikaterina” (Catherine) and promulgated through the Catholic Church’s litany of saints to the point where pretty much every European language has at least two or three variations.

“Pierson” is definitely from a Germanic language of some sort, but could really be anywhere in Northwestern Europe (including England).

I’m not picking up the disparity in heritage.

1 Like

Correct, but you’re missing how the version of Ekaterina used tells you its approximate origin. Pierson would “go with” Karen or Caitlin more than Katrina.

I know Wikipedia isn’t a 100% source, but, as a variation of Catherine, Katrina is listed as:

• Katrina (Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, German, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish)

That seems to hit most of the countries that would have surnames ending in -son.

1 Like

He’s so bright we can send him to the sun. We can do it at night?

Honestly, that “It’s like the Army and the Navy, but for space” has got to be one of the stupidest things I’ve heard. Today. Well, since the last time I read something about Drumpf et al.

4 Likes

I’ve been researching the name for decades (my own name is a version of it), and that doesn’t sound right, no, at least not going back to before the second half of the 19th century, when migration picked up again.

1 Like

She’s half-black, was raised in absolute poverty by a teenage single mother, and considered Malcolm X her idol until 2009 when she joined the Tea Party and Texas. From there she was a part of Ted Cruz’s 2012 debate run, wet on unemployment for a while and then bounced around until she got noticed by Trump.

Girl’s gotta eat I guess.

3 Likes

She’s divorced.

Her name by birth is Katrina Lanette Shaddix

1 Like