Our ex-so-called president

Fortunately as the Soviet (Red) Army was pretty co-ed in WW2 and a lot of people either left accounts or have been interviewed by historians, we have the answer.
No.

7 Likes

This just in: government policy decisions are best not implemented by tweeting.

Brenner-Beck said its even legally questionable whether a declaration from the president’s personal social media account is enough to launch the process of rewriting Pentagon regulations, calling it “a whole new frontier."

“A tweet doesn’t really give you policy,” she said. “How do you implement a tweet? Usually you would have some kind of an actual policy document that comes down.”

A Defense Department official, speaking on the condition they not be named, said Thursday that the Pentagon is scrambling to coordinate with the White House for guidance on the way forward, noting that there is an urgent need to explain to the troops what it means.

7 Likes

I posted that over at TOS. Cracked is first and foremost a humor site, but they can put out some great news stories sometimes.

As for the topic… I’m as appalled and disgusted as everyone else here. It’s the typical bigotry we’ve sadly come to expect from this sorry administration. I’m ashamed that our brave servicemembers who have so nobly dedicated their lives in service to our country are facing attack from our vile shitgibbon of a so-called Commander-In-Chief. Beyond that… I have no words.

7 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Learning instruments and singing lessons

This is the underlying issue for all his problems. Even if Trump was a diehard progressive democrat he would be fucking things up - some how, some way, because he just doesn’t know how to do the job.

4 Likes

Tricksy hobbitses are not a protected class, my precious!

https://bbs.elsewhere.cafe/uploads/default/original/2X/d/db253e11e1897e35f14a0273dcc6319eadb08a7b.jpg

11 Likes

Windbags require more lung capacity than Trump[et]s, there is that. Tweets don’t need much air at all.

2 Likes

WWI, too.

4 Likes

For people looking for the posts on instruments and singing lessons that started up as a tangent in this thread, go here: Learning instruments and singing lessons

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Learning instruments and singing lessons

I don’t recall where I found this photo, but the caption totally popped into my head.

7 Likes

I’m sure the Boy Scouts would be much happier with Pence.

8 Likes

I forgot to add “introverted”; we don’t like to gather anywhere if we can possibly help it.

And just what sort of place might that be? I ask not out of defensiveness, but simple curiosity. Like Eric Idle asking at the end of the “Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink” sketch, “What’s it like?”

2 Likes

What the actual fuck

https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/trump-kisses-lesbian-police-officer-helped-stop-congressional-baseball-practice-mass-shooting/amp/

8 Likes

so gross. if there was one item of news I hope was fake news, that would be it. poor police officer having to endure that disgusting excuse for a human being

5 Likes

The pictue really says it all.

He’s whispering in her ear “covfefe.”

7 Likes

“Whispering” via what looks like “tongue Morse code”.

3 Likes

Even Fox News is saying he may have fucked up in firing Reince:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/07/29/trumps-troubles-are-far-from-over-with-kelly-as-new-chief-staff-might-even-get-worse.html

5 Likes

“Hail Hydra.”

7 Likes

And before.
When blockading Cadiz, St. Vincent apparently sent a message complaining that too much water was being used and it needed to stop. Nelson apparently replied that if St. Vincent tried to reduce the amount of water the women used for washing and cleaning on board, there would be a mutiny. (During actions, the women supplied the guns with powder from the magazine. One reason that British warships rarely had explosions was said to be that they were much more careful about it than the men on foreign ships.)

After Trafalgar the government was apparently petitioned by the women on the ships to be awarded the same medal as the men. They were turned down because if the principle was granted it would have to apply to the Army too, and there was not enough money for the medals that would be needed.

5 Likes