Our ex-so-called president

I haven’t watched the commentary, just the clips of the speeches at the beginning (I’m not much for the opinion parts of these news shows). But, wow. Darn it, how can Trump make Bush Jr. look like an intellectual?

…of course, that just means Trump’s base can just ignore what he said as being “ivory-tower elitism” or some such…

6 Likes

I love this screen-capture. Barrack looks a tad jelly, and G-Dub looks like he’s just found his mommy, Laura is just there (nice how some things never change), and Michelle looks as caring and warm as ever.

I miss her the most.

11 Likes

The Weather Channel is making… quite a statement about the situation in Puerto Rico on their front page.

com-still

16 Likes

For good reason.

6 Likes

No doubt. I am rather impressed at the lengths they went to, making every “story headline” on the site tie into the same sentence.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Well, it’s a little tamer this morning.

It’s been a busy morning.

3 Likes

This may be in response to the recent assessment that the USAF is short about 1500 pilots. I would like to think that the reason is that many pilots would prefer not to be in a situation where they are ordered to bomb women and children.

7 Likes

This is a bit indulgent, but… good.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t know the details, but Putin has issued an Interpol arrest warrant for, and Trump has revoked the visa of Bill Browder, one of Putin’s critics who testified to congress last July.

4 Likes

More on that:

Another case, for Beijing instead of Moskva:

6 Likes

Speaking as a kid from the Reagan “Just Say No” era: just what is he smoking?

Alternately: :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

7 Likes

Make America Second Rate! Wait, is that not what was on the red hats?

5 Likes

“…everything he has ever tried to actively sell the public”?

This makes a lot of sense if you take it at face value, actually. Trump has always hired marketing people who he has been assured are “really great”. Everything that he has ever personally tried to market to the broader public (his political career doesn’t count; he was basically trolling until he was just as surprised as anyone by the final count) has been a colossal failure. Ergo, perhaps he genuinely thinks “really great marketing” is how you persuade people to avoid something like it’s the bubonic plague… :thinking:

4 Likes
10 Likes

Every time I saw that commercial, I’ve wondered:

What use is a chicken’s menstrual discharge, that will just decay into a smelly sulfurous mess if it isn’t eaten within a few days? It isn’t life, and will never become a baby chicken. At least a fried egg is useful, because it provides sustenance.

So, are they saying that drugs provide sustenance, and without drugs you will rot away and nothing good will come of you?

8 Likes

No joke. Besides, on all the occasions on which I did refuse drugs, I didn’t just say “no”, I always said “No, thank you” because I’m fucking polite.

16 Likes

It’s not a menstrual discharge. It’s an ovulation. Same as what humans have.

The difference is chickens develop outside the mother’s body, and the eggs take a while to grow.

And besides, even in the wild, something will eat it and it won’t get wasted.

9 Likes