Our ex-so-called president

Jesus Christ these people are PURE EVIL.

14 Likes

I’m finding it very hard to believe 80% of those who came forward to sponsor were in the US illegally. That smells of “well, we’ve made them illegal now” or “huh. The date on this is… illegible.”

10 Likes

ICE will go in the history books alongside the Gestapo.

12 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/7-year-old-migrant-girl-taken-into-border-patrol-custody-dies-of-dehydration-exhaustion/2018/12/13/8909e356-ff03-11e8-862a-b6a6f3ce8199_story.html

12 Likes

Amazing that we are not all talking about this today. Shows how crazy the times are that this is not the top headline on everyone’s mind.

11 Likes
12 Likes

Give Individual POS 1 a nice Christmas present!

3 Likes
6 Likes

“But the factory spewed illegal pollutants into the air for decades!”

“Yes, but it’s your fault for living downwind.”

Friendly reminder that a lot of American pollution ultimately winds up in Canada. This is a very international issue.

11 Likes

Pfft. I’m sure that the pollution wouldn’t make it more than 160 km (100 mi) in.

Canada’s huge. I’m sure that most Canadians live farther from the border than that.

3 Likes

(I know that you know this!)

8 Likes

Also this month, a report (pdf) from the Union of Concerned Scientists documenting some of the ways the Department of the Interior has been suppressing science and scientists for the sake of fossil fuel companies. The Republicans are dedicated to selling out everything, and the awfulness that makes headlines is always just a small representative.

8 Likes

If they’re on the borders, or coasts, or cities, are they Real CanadiansTM?

If they don’t speak Canadian English, and worship in appropriate churches, can they be Real CanadiansTM?

Only if they shop at the Real Canadian Superstore.

4 Likes

Now see, a Canadian would never ask these questions. Not in a country with two official languages and a clear separation between church and state.

7 Likes

But if you don’t have a hierarchy of who owns the country and who doesn’t, then do you have a country any more? /s

1 Like

We’ve got that, but it’s a different hierarchy. It also changes depending on who you talk to.

And, of course, the most logical answer doesn’t apply to who actually has the power.

3 Likes

Tell that to Scheer and Bérnier, please. And the rest of their parties.

1 Like

That’s just it though.

Bérnier would say francophones are important; Scheer probably skips that when he’s speaking in the west, and wouldn’t say it at all if Quebec’s vote weren’t so pivotal.

And while francophone Canada is atheist/agnostic or Catholic by and large, anglo Conservatives are mostly Protestant.

It’s kind of traditional:

3 Likes

It’s simple. The Queen owns the country.

That’s kind of what a Monarchy means.

3 Likes