Our ex-so-called president

Which is more unpopular, Nazis or fucking with Social Security?

I guess we’re about to find out.

7 Likes

I was thinking about the gratuitous self-love propaganda, lack of any kind of empathy, and the like. I 100% think Putin is a very savvy and charismatic man, and he has leadership capabilities - but just because he’s not cartoonishly incompetent than other billionaire authoritarians doesn’t mean pushing a pop song about himself to the top of the charts and using the church to purge his citizens from their boogeymen isn’t deranged.

6 Likes

He told someone in an interview about how he had caught a record fish in a lake and immediately assumed they had put a lead weight in it to make it heavier. He also said in another interview that of course the “hockey match” was rigged.
But using the church? I think you have it quite backward. In modern Russia Putin governs with the consent of the ROC. There was a reason why the Communist Party tried so hard to suppress it, but it seems to have regained a lot of its power and influence. Pussy Riot seems to have been more about placating the anger of the Church than anybody else.
The status of the ROC seems very like that that the Catholic Church used to have in Ireland, only more so. It’s worth reading up on the history. The ROC intertwines nationalism, patriotism and control, and if Putin upsets it they could make life very difficult for him. Rather like Iran, in fact, where the President holds the job only so long as the Ayatollahs allow him.
In the US, it’s said it is impossible for an avowed atheist to become President. In Russia Putin may hold the job because he protects the status of the church and he is not anti-Semitic - unusual in a Russian politician perhaps - and he adopts the strategic doctrines of the armed forces.

6 Likes

I don’t really think knowing propaganda is propaganda is really the point, but I’m willing to concede I don’t know the details of the ROC’s involvement in Russia’s politics nor do I closely follow the news in Russia.

2 Likes

https://www.emptywheel.net/2017/08/23/the-arpaio-pardon-youre-not-the-audience/

http://www.alternet.org/grayzone-project/blue-lives-matter-racist-hate-group

Here’s their coverage of Charlottesville

Apparently there were only 50 KKK members in Charlottesville but over a thousand BLM

They literally have an entire section of their site about hating on BLM

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/category/black-lives-matter/

11 Likes

i wonder who’s funding and operating the site. it looks like it’s meant to capture and radicalize rank and file officers. but, then that would mean it’s not rank and file officers who have built the site.

6 Likes

Whenever I see one of those Blue Lives Matter flags I think to myself, “well there’s a racist. A racist who likes to promote their views euphemistically.”

Furthermore…

10 Likes

Definitely. Looks like some pretty archetypal astroturfing to me, in the mode of the Tea Party. Whoever is funding it, it seems like a pretty transparently white supremacist attempt to undermine BLM…

6 Likes

Their website is registered through Domains by Proxy. The organization started out of NYC. The NYC folks have community sponsorship listed on their site. The website for bluelivesmatter.blue looks way more sophisticated. The founder of the NYC org was interviewed on Breitbart and has a big “As seen on Fox News” banner.

I’m going to guess the NRA on this one but I’d be really interested to know who’s behind bluelivesmatter.blue

2 Likes

So if you missed this

2 Likes

Wow. Blue Lives Matter is shady as fuck.

From its own website:

“The Black Lives Matter organization is not some current political fad born of social media; but a large, organized, well-planned and funded political action group with international outreach extending to Cuba, Northern Ireland, Europe and the Middle East. The BLM is a tentacle of a Marxist, revolutionary Global movement referred to as “One World – One Struggle.” Significant funding sources for the BLM comes from international currency manipulator and convicted criminal George Soros through his Open Society Institute, which is a funding front for far leftist and revolutionary movements and organizations such as the secret Tides Foundation, MORE (formerly known as ACORN), MoveOn.org, Democracy Alliance, the National of La Raza and others. Much of Soros’ money into the BLM coffers pays for outside mercenary protesters who suddenly enter a city, create havoc and then leave. Police in cities such as Ferguson, (MO) Baltimore, (MD) and now Charlotte, (NC) have identified upwards to 70% of arrested violent protesters as having no ties to the cities they were protesting in.”

So yeh, that’s some Breitbart/Trump/NRA level crazy right there. If this is a legitimate grassroots movement, I’d eat my fucking hat.

As a non-profit, does US law compel it to publicly declare its funding? There must be some way to see who supplied the original capital to get it off the ground…

13 Likes

They seem like feudalists. They want cops to be part of a new aristocracy.

5 Likes

the apparel site bluelivesmatter.blue uses is run by “warrior12”. that site has the same look and feel as blm (ugh) and they cross-promote. warrior 12 lists an address on their privacy page.

did a search with that address, and turned up a trademark registration by
tea kay media llc. ( apparently, they are also trying to trademark “blue lives matter.” it was turned down? and they reapplied. )

couldn’t find any actual businesses named that, but… the trademark application includes the owner’s name, address, etc.

it seems like it may be a wife and husband team. ( i think “cowgirl”, who seems to write many of the articles, is one of the owners. and, interestingly, the warrior12 twitter has a whole bunch of posts about women warriors. )

maybe they are simply true believers glomming on to something they see nationally. though, i do wonder what lies inside the “members only” login…

3 Likes

You’ve heard of the John Birch Society? It takes serious investigation to smoke the scumbags out of their spider holes. Also… the JBS kinda normalised this sheet.

4 Likes

I think that the JBS may have acquired that trick from the CIA and its predecessors.

http://ro.uow.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2098&context=alr

3 Likes

Not out of the realm of possibility.

3 Likes

My guess from what little I could dig up is that there is a legit movement that was started out of the NYC. This site looks a little more homespun: https://bluelivesmatternyc.org/

There is a community on the bluelivesmatter.blue site you join for $45. I’m thinking if I wanted to fund this thing, all I’d do is throw some fake memberships at that board. The owners may not even be aware if they are getting funds from someone else. I’m actually thinking of purchasing a membership just so I can get a peek at their discussion boards.

If I had to hazard a guess at source of funds, I’d say the NRA. If you read their stuff these days, they are inciting war.

Media Matters actually rated the site as being high for Truth, which I think is a lot of why it works so well. The articles are mostly true, but when you aggregate all the police deaths in one place, aggregate all the violence against police in one

5 Likes

Also, those Blue Lives Matter Laws - must be some kind of sunlight laws on who the lobbyists are who worked that.

2 Likes
2 Likes