Playing God with personal beliefs

Oh sure! And then the next thing you know, you’ve got a thousand people hanging around, praying in front of your house, and leaving offerings (which are never anything useful) and now you have two problems.

My technique is to have a small child answer the door and repeatedly answer every question with a “no.” If you reward them, they are remarkably good at this. Maybe it’s just my kids?

7 Likes

“Why?” is also a good one to use as a repeated response.

7 Likes

Try not to leave any gourds or shoes laying about. :wink:

5 Likes

If you’re lucky, some of them might leave banana bread.

And you could always tell them what to sacrifice. “Never mind a sheep, a new mattress would be better appreciated.”

6 Likes

Yeah, but then you end up with mattress blood all over your yard…

9 Likes

True, but since they’re all named Zem, they at least don’t realize who has been sacrificed and globbering is kept to a minimum.

4 Likes

Well, people with better educations are more likely to be able to transition. So I wonder if Cybeline educational programs, soup kitchens, and so on might be a way to reach people, some percentage of whom might want to transition.

But I see no evidence that G’d wants everyone to join a religion.

2 Likes

What really gets me is the fact that one hears about how mysterious God’s ways are, yet how many bloody interpretations are there of His alleged words?

2 Likes

That’s pretty much what the word “mystery” means, in a religious context: that there are certain truths that can’t be understood without divine assistance.

And, of course, everyone thinks that they’re the one who has the divine assistance to understand the truth, and understands the mystery properly.

3 Likes

Thread:

6 Likes

Fred at Slacktivist again, reminding us of Rule #1, and the fact that sometimes, using a cuss word is exactly the right choice:

3 Likes